Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New skis for me. Any hints.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Team I am going to buy a new pair of skis for the soon to start southern winter and as I am no longer the crazy young gear freak I once was I am looking for suggestions. A few details for you.

Age 51, height 183cm, weight 105kg (yes I know I should loose a few), Level advanced. strong but not as fit as I was.

I am looking for skis mainly for off piste but not touring. They don't have to be super wide as we don't get the supper deep powder that often but should be good in the chopped up off piste and fresh stuff. What can you tell me??? snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Something like a Thunder or look around 90mm.

Monster 88's...
Mantras
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also Line Prophet 90's.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Legend Pros...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
atomic nomad savage Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Icelantic Pilgrims. Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yeah i 2nd the nomads
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowplow wrote:
Also Line Prophet 90's.

Go for the 100s at that weight and for mainly off piste.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i'm above 100kgs at about 185cms and have Movement Thunders and Movement Gladiators as my all-mountain skis, plenty stiff enough for the weight (and icy days) and wide enough for powder days but also brilliant for ploughing through the sometimes choppy, mixed conditions we get in Scotland. Highly recommended.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks to all for your input. I will have a look at the Nomad Savage as a local shop stocks Atomic and I know I can get a good deal there. Will let you know what I get and what they are like. One week till open day!!!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy