Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs1800 or Valandry?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked flights now looking for apartment. We stayed in 1800 last year and liked the ski in ski out convenience. I have noticed that apartments are a bit cheaper to rent in Vallandry and am wondering what the advantages, disadvantages would be of staying there instead. We only require a few shops, restaurants and a bar or two.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not a huge amount of difference IMO. The snow on the final bit of the runs to Vallandry can be a bit icy or patchy if conditions are marginal, but mid-Feb you shouldn't have any problems in a typical season. It's a bit further from the centre of the Les Arcs domain, so not so convenient to pop back to your apartment if you need to during the day. Conversely, it's a bit closer to the link to La Plagne than 1800 is if you want to pop over the Vanoise Express for a day or two.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar wrote:
Not a huge amount of difference IMO. The snow on the final bit of the runs to Vallandry can be a bit icy or patchy if conditions are marginal, but mid-Feb you shouldn't have any problems in a typical season. It's a bit further from the centre of the Les Arcs domain, so not so convenient to pop back to your apartment if you need to during the day. Conversely, it's a bit closer to the link to La Plagne than 1800 is if you want to pop over the Vanoise Express for a day or two.

Took me no more than about 25 minutes back to plan-peisey (a bit beyond vallandry) even at the furthest points away from it in Les arcs (ignoring villaroger) - so top of mont blanc piste or comborciere lift, or reservoir piste - it's really not hard to pop back at all...provided that your accommodation is easy to ski/out in the village itself.

If I get it finished this weekend then i'll have a big TR written up for Plan-peisey / vallandry which may be of interest..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stayed in 1800 this year, it was amazing, would defiantly not stay anywhere else (unless my parents want to take us somewhere lol)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've stayed in Vallandry for the last 4 years - personally I love it as it is a quieter family resort.

There IS only a bar or two and a couple of restaurants

One smallish Sherpa, Bakers and Deli

Is easy to get to and from rest of Les Arcs domain
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
That's exactly the impression I got as a Paradiski newbie this year. I did like the look/feel of Vallandry, though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy