Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing In English Snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Did anybody ski in England this year when it snowed?

I mean on like 1ft of snow, and down a slight grassy hill, not the people who got like 4-5ft of snow and have massive hills, because i know you lucky bugs had a good few days of skiing lol.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
louisrumball, yeh lots of folk did. Winterhighland.info has some reports.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah thats pretty cool, i was hoping for something less skiable tho, like something you have to be desperate to ski on.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
louisrumball, welcome to snowheads. plenty of posts on here at the time with pics and even videos showing people skiing down their front lawns, there was an impromptu meet at Hampstead Heath too I think?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1157487
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wow, some of those are wicked XD, i think was should have the biggest thing of it when we next get snow, like have some event, or try and get some pros in to do some rails in london or something, I know ill be skiing every minute there is now on the ground next time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Our 7 year old did, down our street:
http://youtube.com/v/9oBguUK3WgE
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
louisrumball, I skied Spreadeagle Hill, Shaftsbury in North Dorset in January. My kit is not in the UK so I borrowed ski boots that were about one size too small and rusty ski's from a mates garage. I had a bobble hat (wot no helmet) and my snow chain gloves on (mucky). The road was closed but I dodged the signs (piste ferme?) and carried on down the road to a layby viewpoint. The snow cover was good to bad really. Bad and I was slicing the top off cow pats, good and I was flying. It had an edgy feel to the whole experience too because I got up FAR too early and it was dark when I arrived, I then had to wait for light before I could start then once I'd skied away from the road and could'nt see signs of life it felt quite eerie, it was snowing hard too. When I walked back up to the road which took a long time I was pooped and my feet hurt like hell. Sadly the only photos I've got are self taken shots of me in a goony hat which I am not going to post.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty, snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
louisrumball wrote:
Did anybody ski in England this year when it snowed?

I mean on like 1ft of snow, and down a slight grassy hill, not the people who got like 4-5ft of snow and have massive hills, because i know you lucky bugs had a good few days of skiing lol.

Nope, but I did so in Wales.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty, that's excellent.

However: useless without pics.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
how was wales?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
louisrumball, I did one year - in Lincolnshire!! Must have been 14-15 back then. Had some horrible posey pics taken of me Laughing was good fun tho - completely wooped all the sledgers' backsides Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well yes, but a bit of a cheat because I live in Cumbria. I waited for the pass to open and nipped over to Allenheads, Yad Moss, Harwood and finally Weardale. Worth the trip if the conditions are decent, except possibly Harwood, that lift is altogether too much like hard work.

There were quite a lot of freeheel types between the established areas and there were more than a few Kiteboarders, apparently you can do it on skis too and they sell the gear in Decathlon, handy if there's a bit of wind and no lift.

Quite an impressive contrast as I live down near sea level and it was warm and dry here.

One year I got to ski on Kendal dry slope over Christmas when they had a nice bit of snow cover. Quite while ago now. when I lived in Harpenden, I struggled out of London one night in the snow and next day I made my way to Welwyn dry slope with skis and boots, "Closed due to severe weather conditions" !!!

Helvelyn next season I reckon.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Welcome to snowHeads, thirty06. Is that your age or the size of something? snowHead
snow conditions
louisrumball wrote:
how was wales?

Much the same as in previous years, when I have managed one or two sessions Smile

These were taken by my wife, looking out of our study window.

The year after

ski holidays
paulio, I am a failure, I am a failure
latest report
alex_heney, nice pic's, you obviously live "in resort"
latest report
Frosty, For an average of 2-3 days per year, yes Smile
snow conditions
http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/displaypic.php?id=9314,1262#start

here is a typically english queue for english snow. This is wednesday, guess what saturday was like!
ski holidays
Quote:

Much the same as in previous years, when I have managed one or two sessions

These were taken by my wife, looking out of our study window.

The year after

I like them!

i cant wait now!! i will have to build a few jumps!!!!
ski holidays
alex_heney, do you have a button or t-bar?
snow conditions
Maggi, no it's part of a Tom Waits lyric, 30.06.

what...snow, yes it did get absurdly busy at Yad Moss, east to tell when you turn up, if you can't park near it, don't stop. they haven't quite managed a queue all the way back up to the top.

I think what we need now is a double decker cable car linking Yad Moss to Weardale thus doubling the resort size.
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
alex_heney, do you have a button or t-bar?

I wish!
snow report
Usually manage 2-3 trips per year on local hills or on the farm
latest report
Quote:

here is a typically english queue for english snow. This is wednesday, guess what saturday was like!

Puzzled
this is a rather more typical queue at yad Moss !

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/displaypic.php?id=4141,366#start
latest report
I have been on quiet days too. Couldn't believe I was having to queue mid-week but suppose that's what happens when the snow falls in the cities. I meant it was a typically english queue with no pushing (as opposed to a french queue) rather than typical for Yad Moss.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy