Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A creche! A Creche! My Ski Boots for a Creche!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have for the last few years been lucky enough to have had Grandparents with us for our annual Easter ski Trip but this year they are unable to make it. We will have our 22 month old boy with us and would like to look into the possibility of putting him in a creche perhaps for the mornings or afternoons each day. I know several of the tour operators offer creches but are these facilities available to book if you don't holiday with the company?
Does anyone know of any independent creches, preferably british owned/staffed (give wife piece of mind) or they can be French run.
We will be going sometime during Easter fortnight, prefer to drive and usually go to LDA or VT but would be willing to try another resort. I'm a teacher so can only go in the holidays.
Any help/advice/warnings will be very appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
garethjomo, there is a new garderie (Nursery) in Samoens, which has a good reputation - it's run by the tourist office (IIRC). There is also a Ski kindergarten at the top of the Grand Massif Express lift, at 1600 - this has the plus of you being able to leave your son there, go and ski for a while, and come back to check him or even just for convenient drop off/pick up without having to go down to the village. Your wife may be happier if she can surrepticiously sneak a look now and then! You may feel this area is too low at Easter,but Grand Massif does have a very good snow record.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
garethjomo, A few years back some friends of ours simply chose the resort and then phoned all the UK TO's offereing creche's and eventually found an operator that took 'outsiders' at a price Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
garethjomo, the Eterlou creche in Monetier (Serre Chevalier) is apparently excellent, some of my guests have used it, and have spoken highly of it. http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Clubs-daycare?lieu=Mon%C3%AAtier+les+Bains&categorie=83&trouver=Search . There are also other creches in the other villages which have also been recommended on here in the past.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
garethjomo, just about all reasonably sized resorts will have a creche/nursery, the standards for child care in France are very high. I can recommend Les Galopins in La Rosiere, which you can check out on www.larosiere.net by clicking through to ski schools.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've travelled independently a number of times and have the same restrictions (school holidays). Never had a problem with local creche facilities. Most resorts have some form of creche and most offer English speakers, if not English staff!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
garethjomo, (declared interest - am owners in Arc1950, but nothing to do with the facilities in the village)

Arc 1950 has a great creche, the Cariboo club: http://www.cariboo1950.com/

It's not a bad ski resort either...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
garethjomo, two of the kids in our party at Easter went to the creche of another TO, we were in a chalet which didn't offer childcare and the chalet host just asked around the seasonnaire nanies for us. I am pretty sure the official line from TOs would be that they only take their own clients kids but in practice if they have space then they seem to do it. Also two British run childcare outfits I have heard of operating in France are Merinannies in 3V and Val d'Isere and also Baby-Cham in Chamonix and Morzine. Not used them but they look ok.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We used L'Outa creche in Morzine in March for our 11 month old and were very happy with it. Located near to the pistes, the premises were spotless and the staff lovely. We put him in from 9am until 1pm and he seemed more than happy there.

Partly because of this we will probably go back to Morzine next year and use the creche again. I would consider putting him in for a couple of longer days too so we could have a longer ski on these days.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've use the creche in Samoens (mentioned by Anniepen) for the last two years at Easter (when #2son was 11 months and 23 months) and it's been great. Friends have also used it and have a similar opinion. Plenty of snow around at that time of year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I know it's not in France but Grindelwald/Wengen in Switzerland has a creche on the top of the Mannlichen mountain, in the gondola station.

http://www.maennlichen.ch/winter/skischule_felix/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy