Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2010 looks like it's going to be a very colourful season . . .

Poster: A snowHead
A peak at the new 2010 skis here:

http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/ski/2010/_freeride/

And a nice surprise to see the return of the Rosa:

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow & Rock Hemel have next season's test skis available now.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman, sounds like a danger to your pocket Confused
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno, We're encouraged to buy and use HEAD. I've tried a few so far and I like all that I've tried.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman wrote:

What brands do they have available? Wonder if they'd set up a test rack for us on the 6th?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, Well I love my Great Ones, so I can recommend Head.

How do the prices compare to 2009 ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, More to the point will they set up a rack of ski's at clearance prices Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, there's a sale on at S&R in Hemel at the moment. No idea of prices.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All the more reason for me to be chuffed that I'm going to pick up my nice, understated, 2009-priced Dynastars tomorrow! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, Cool where did you get them from in the end ?

I love the understated graphics on my Great Ones, but I also love some of the larey graphics too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IncogSkiSno, [Edited for clarification] I got in touch with Dynastar's UK importer who was able to recommend a retailer to me - who turned out to be CEM!

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 18-05-09 11:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, I had a quick look in the shop yesterday. The sale skis are generally 30-40% off and there is a reasonable selection of sizes and makes. The test skis seem to be limited. I only saw about a dozen pairs there.
They do have a large selection of clothing on sale Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kitty,
Quote:

They do have a large selection of clothing on sale

Oh dear. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

A peak at the new 2010 skis here:

http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/ski/2010/_freeride/

There's some fugly equipment in that link. I think the Amplid "Teddy Bearly Legal" fails in a number of directions.

The Head Jimi is also begging for five minutes with a can of black spray paint. Looks though like Faction sorted their legal problems out with Gene Simmons, though. Either that or they are in very deep water.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
Spyderman wrote:

What brands do they have available? Wonder if they'd set up a test rack for us on the 6th?

The brands that I saw were, Atomic, Rossignol, Scott & Salomon. The test rack is there to be used, so I can't see why we wouldn't have access to it on the 6th. One thing though is the shop shuts at 6.00 pm on a Saturday. I'll have a word with Rob the manager to see if they can do anything.
ski holidays
not too taken with the prophets looks either.. And the head peaks look terribly bland
latest report
Spyderman wrote:
I'll have a word with Rob the manager to see if they can do anything.

That will be helpful. I'm making contact direct with the UK brand reps, but it's a slow process so good to have S&R lend a hand.
snow conditions
rob@rar, being a Saturday night I think you're going to struggle to get manufacturer support.
Most of the HEAD test skis are already at Hemel already.
snow report
Spyderman wrote:
rob@rar, being a Saturday night I think you're going to struggle to get manufacturer support.

I think you're right. I'm also not sure how many test skis will be in the UK at the moment; it's quite early for demo stock as I understand it. I've spoken to Terry Bartlett a couple of times and he's also getting in touch with some of the reps. Terry has some stock himself, but there's a race at Welwyn (I think) that day, so by the time he packs up and drives to Hemel it's going to be fairly late.
snow report

How has nobody mentioned these things? I need some... so i can build a couple of drawbridges for the house. Fortuantely you don't have to have the same graphics.
ski holidays
el nombre, Shocked OMG 199 181 211 and a radius of 27.50
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, they're some sort of visual knob joke Confused
snow report
Can anyone confirm whether the weights are sometimes for one ski, sometimes for two? Otherwise there are some very light pairs there. Movement Source looks like a good new addition to the range.
ski holidays
22 dropout, can be either but it's usually stated as per pair or per ski. Doesn't take much figuring out though.
snow conditions
spyderjon, I guess so. A bit sloppy not to say but great to see all of this data otherwise in one place.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy