Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ISTD Technical vs Eurotest

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had always assumed that once you have passed the Eurotest you would pretty much walk any remaining BASI modules.

A couple people i know who had passed the Eurotest seemed more nervous about their chances on the tech course and although one passed the other guy failed. These are really, really good dedicated skiers who trained hard all season and spent everyday on skis.

Just brings into context how tough the ISTD technical is.... Shocked Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
faster, harder, steeper Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
david@mediacopy, sad thing was is that this guy was white hot in the bumps, passed everything but got told his longs werent absolutely spot on... Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Indeed, but I've also been told that since the Eurotest became compulsory for ISTD, the pass rate on the ISTD technical has gone up quite a lot. Reason being that training for the Eurotest dramtically improves your skiing all round. However it is still important to spend a lot of time skiing the whole mountain. I remember at uni skiing with a member of the Scottish junior team, she absolutely trounced me on groomed pistes. But as soon as we were off piste or in bumps there was not a lot in it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, I've seen a couple of guys go for it this year, 1 passed, 1 failed. From what I hear the pass rate is 1 or 2 per group.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
david@mediacopy, david@mediacopy, I think the pass rates are published somewhere or other aren't they? Is it the minutes of the AGM?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1, the pass rates and total number attending each course is in the annual report summer newsletter

ISTD Tech pass rate 07/08 was 50% of the 78 who took it 06/07 24% 05/06 31%
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, About the same as it's always been for what was Grade 1 technical - usually used to be about 25% give or take. I know a whole lot passed one year and there was a massive reaction! It's always been the top of the top, the overall standards are higher now, but then so are the holiday skier standards.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy