Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Australian ski resort predicts bumper snow season due to depth of lake

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As we know, ski resort tourist offices have ways of making us believe various things. Here's a good one, reported today by www.ropeways.net:

Quote:
Signs are good for a bumper snow season, adds Ms Howie*, pointing out that Lake Eyre is filling up at a rapid pace at the moment, with the last time the lake this full heralding in the bumper season of 2000, where Falls Creek opened a week early with 80cm coverage.

[* Debbie Howie, Falls Creek Public Relations Manager]

Here's a discussion on the ... err ... magic snow-forecasting properties of Lake Eyre, in the Australian ski forum ski.com.au:

http://forums.ski.com.au/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=607120&page=1

I thought lakes filled with melted snow. Am I being thick?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am guessing it is something related to the lake effect. Look it up wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you - I've looked it up.

The (snow) effect of a lake seems to have nothing to do with its depth.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it is safe to assume for the same lake that the area of the surface is going to increase with depth.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm getting increasingly confused. Has the surface area of a lake got anything to do with the lake effect?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is supposedly a correlation between water in Lake eyre and the amount of snowfall on the Aussie Alps.

In reality, when was the last time you heard a ski resort predict a poor season???
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, isn't it something to do with the difference between water temperature and air temperature. I will assume (perhaps wrongly) that the bigger the surface area of the lake the more water vapour that could be picked up by the weather front to be later dropped as snow on them there hills.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy