Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AVMS test

Poster: A snowHead
there are details on what it entails but what resorts does it allow you to teach at?
Is it pila, la thuile and Courmeyer? Are there others?
Does the whole region have French as a second language or just Italian?
Which schools can you work at with the test, is it just interski?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, I think it allows you to teach for 4 weeks in the Aosta Valley, so although run by Interski it would allow any weeks taught in Champoluc or Cervinia for example to count towards your total number of weeks. They also don't count half term, so you could teach 5 weeks in total per season. That said I'm only aware of one other company like Interski in the Aosta Valley, and that's Ski 2.

French is spoken widely throughout the Aosta Valley (used to be part of France), and I think you can use French as your language for the AVMS.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1, thanks for that, it kinda seems like you need to pay to take a test so you can work for interski only. if there are a few other resorts and schools it may be worth while

Anyone taken it?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, I guess they make it seem like that cos they subsdise it! That's my understanding anyway, I may be wrong.

Do you remember the other girl on our coaching course? She'd recently taken and passed it. She's on FB, you could drop her a line?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have you tried Ski 2 ? I do remember her now, and she wasn't particularily fast was she... i will drop her a note. thanks again.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No, I'm sure you could pass it with a few days gate training under your belt.

I had an offer to work for Ski 2 this Easter, but I went with Skiing Europe instead because they offered 2 weeks work.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The exam is usually ran in Pila and is organised by the Associazione Valdostana Maestri di Sci.

Although Interski enter the majority of Instructors, other Instructors, including some Italians take part.

The Language element is French or Italian, you choose when you apply, when you also provide a dossier detailing your qualifications and experience. The documentation implies that passing the test entitles you to work throughout the Aosta Valley for 28 days (non consecutively) 'for life'.

Pass rate this season appears to have been around 50% for skiing, and a lot less for snowboarding.

I passed mine last year and watched the GS element of the exam this year.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret wrote:
Have you tried Ski 2 ? I do remember her now, and she wasn't particularily fast was she... i will drop her a note. thanks again.

Don't forget, an easier pass time for girls wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
david@mediacopy, thanks for all that, i guess i am just wondering if there is much point in shelling out £295 to take the test just to make 200 quid a week working for interski. might just wait to see how i get on with a week with them to see if any point returning for more.

do you do more than a week a year in Aosta?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, if nothing else it's probably quite good training, also gives you a chance to ski gates under pressure, see if you might want to give training for the speed test a go!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beanie1, hadnt appreciated that the 295 included training as well, looking closer the £295 is for a full week that includes:

- Return coach travel
- Half board accommodation (with lunch taken on the mountain)
- Lift pass
- 2½ days of race training
- AVMS Test entrance and administration fees

i just assumed the cost was for the test, mountain safety and language stuff, could be an idea to do a weeks teaching and then the test week
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, as beanie1, says it is cheap training, especially the pre test training week. I did as you suggested, a weeks teaching then the test week and was OK. The only gates I'd done prior to that was a Phil Smith course in Tignes, which got me used to massive ruts ! (it snowed)

I did for full 28 days for them this year, but I was living in Aosta for the season. I doubt that I would do as much if I wasn't 'local'. I'll probably do a couple of weeks in the coming winter if I'm not out somewhere for the 'season'.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
david@mediacopy, i am starting to think hard about doing the pre week training as well as the test week. If Dave Morris is doing the training the week before is 400 including pass accomodation etc. very very good value... I was thinking about doing a GS week with him in meribel but could kill two birds this way. on the other hand doing a weeks teaching and then rock up for the test week comes out cash neutral... decisions decisions...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, If I had the time I'd definitely do it.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beanie1, would you just have a go at the test week or would you do two weeks training on the trot?
ski holidays
skimottaret, I think I'd do 2 weeks training, as david@mediacopy, said it's pretty good value (because Interski subsidise it I think, or certainly don't try and make much out of it), the idea being it gives them a source of intructors who can do more than one week. When I was out there in March I met quite a few instructors who'd just passed it. SOme of them had taken a couple of attempts (i think the girl on our course passed it second time).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy