Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interski 09/10 season

Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of doing a week with Interski next season and thought it might be an idea to compare notes on good bars, slopes etc.

Anyone do La Thuile in Jan before, im thinking of going out for the first week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pila for me I think, probably early or mid-Jan avoiding half term madness.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think I will do a week, not sure where or when yet snowHead

Few friends did it this year, loved it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Pila better than La THuile? im not bothered where really but was hoping to do a week teaching and then a week GS training somewhere in Jan.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, GS training with Interski or somewhere else?

When I did a week with them last season I initially asked about La Thuile (don't like Courmeyeur and didn't know Pila) but was told that early in the season the instructors' accommodation was outside the resort and you're bussed in and out each day. If you teach in Pila you stay in Aosta which has a fast gondola linking the valley to the resort. The hotel I was placed in was just a minute's walk from the gondola, so it was very convenient to get to work each day. That's my main reason for wanting to go back there, although there are no guarantees I'd be in the same hotel again, but I enjoyed the resort from a teaching perspective. The AVMS training that Interski offer, including some GS work, was held in Pila the same week as I was there, which might be an option for you?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, hmm that all sounds very interesting... not knowing anything at all about the resorts Pila could be the one to go for.

was thinking about GS training with Dave Morris in Meribel mid to late jan, he did a week this season around the 12th or something for EUrotest training but hasnt confirmed yet what if any weeks will be in the 3V's this year. Apparently meribel lanes are pretty cheap that time of year.

But he does the interski training anyways and if already in Pila could make a lot of sense to stay there for it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, I've done some weeks in Pila, and Cormayeur... you'll have fun in either, or La Thuile. I really liked Pila, 'cos of the easy access to the skiing, and the old town. Cormayeur fun too - but buses to catch at either end of the day, and busier. Don't ask me how long ago that was Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Perhaps we should gun for a snowHeads week in Jan! Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Go to Pila, it's great! It a fantastic resort to teach in. Aosta is a good town to stay in, as it's big and not a resort, so easy to get away from all the instructors / Interski crowd should you wish. Courmayeur is lovely, great resort but small and if the snow is not good not so great to teach beginners in.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the advice, Pila sounds great and if i can tie in a weeks paid teaching with a week of training that could be a good option. Interski site doesnt have up next seasons AVMS training weeks but this year the test was on the 10th of jan with the training week the week before.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret, aren't there rumours that the AVMS rules may be changing next year? COuld be why dates aren't up yet.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interski's best creme de la creme instructrs are always based in Courmayer Toofy Grin (I hope)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beanie1, i havent looked into the avms thingy at all so could be. If i like the teaching in Italy I may have a go at it but until i get some GS gates under my belt it is all a bit academic.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd go Pila as a good all round choice, specially as Bar Roma was closed in Courmeyeur and I almost froze to death in La Thuile Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing, that's the impression I got... wink Laughing

david@mediacopy, when was Bar Roma closed!? It's a travesty I tell you, a travesty!
latest report
Bar Roma closed? No free after work nosh then?
snow conditions
I think it was just temporary, was open when i was there end of Jan
snow report
Quote:

We had a drive up later on in the season and it had been closed down by local residents complaining about the noise. Hopefully it's temporary, best free nosh I've come across !
snow report
david@mediacopy wrote:
Quote:

it had been closed down by local residents complaining about the noise ....

~Too many instructors belching and farting. wink
ski holidays
When I taught Interski last year, they couldn't confirm the resort I was teaching in until I got on the coach to get to the hotel. Whilst just about everything about Interski seems really well organised, I'd caution that altough you might specify a resort on your employment form, you may end up somewhere else, so don't assume your choice is where you'll ski. My hotel in Pila was a 25 minute walk from the gondola, which was a bit of a pain, but we lived!

I was told Pila's the best place to teach beginners, as Courmayer doesn't have that many beginner runs - don't know about La Thuille. Your lessons will start at 10, you'll be with your kids through lunch until 3, so the first two hours of the day and the last two hours in the evening are yours to ski - excellent stuff. Interski also put on a couple of instructor sessions too, so that was also good fun.

I'm booked for Pila w/c 27th Feb - may see you there or Courmayer, or La Thuille (according to which coach they put me on!) Laughing

BTW, Interski are up at Hemel tonight if anyone wants to go along and say hi. They've got a teacher session there.
ski holidays
If you book your weeks well in advance you normally (but not always!) get the resort you request. They understandably need a bit of flexibility to move people around depending on numbers etc. Most of the instructors I know who've ended up in a different resort to the one they requested have been those who've only agreed to work fairly last minute. If you're working with a friend they're also generally pretty good at ensuring you're in the same resort.
snow conditions
snowqueen11, Blimey, it could be pretty busy then as it is Instructor training night for us!
snow conditions
hi Kitty, yes, it is, and there's a load of teachers too - I did wonder at the wisdom of Interski having an open night the same time as we're training. Red jackets everywhere!
latest report
I'd guess that Interski chose Tuesday night was so they could persuade as many of the Hemel instructors to sign up for a week teaching for Interski next season.
snow report
Any Interski instructors in Courmayer week ending 13th February may get the chance to accompany Miss Boredsurfing and friends on the slopes for the week snowHead
snow conditions
rob@rar, sounds like it!
latest report
Got absolutley no interest in working with Interski, but just got a question.
What level do you need to be befor you don't have to do thier speed test - L2, ISIA, ISTD.
Is it just for L2's or does everyone need to do it?
snow conditions
Wayne, you need to be L2 or equivalent, ISIAs would also need to do it I think. ISTDs can work unlimited in Italy anyway I believe, so they wouldn't need to? However, I've never met an ISTD working part time for Interski (they can get paid much better elsewhere!)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
beanie1 wrote:
I've never met an ISTD working part time for Interski (they can get paid much better elsewhere!)

"Everyone" gets paid more than the part time people at interski - think people do it just for a holiday anyway so not a problem just getting pocket money
latest report
Wayne, it's not that bad a deal if you only want a couple of week's work, bearing in mind it includes full board and lodging and transport.
ski holidays
Anyone else had a... 'special' e-mail... Wink
snow conditions
skisimon, yes I've had a "special" email, I don't feel so speical now though!

How p'd off would you be if you'd just spent money on doing the AVMS?!
latest report
Laughing

shhhh... We might be the only ones... wink

snow conditions
so extra weeks on offer? have to say i decided against AVMS and sounds good i did...
ski holidays
skimottaret, apparently there's a chance you won't need to do AVMS to work up to weeks anymore.
ski holidays
beanie1, how many weeks?
snow report
skimottaret, sorry, up to 4 weeks.
snow conditions
Nothing's confirmed yet though. Sad
snow conditions
Hey, where's my special email?
ski holidays
rob@rar, oohhhh, you're not special it seems! Maybe it's because you've only worked for them once before? It says we have until 31/08 to reply, and then they'll offer it to others.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy