Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Caught the bug, now where next?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After a week back from my first time on snow I can't wait to get back. Can't stretch to another week away and quiet fancy a long Weekend or perhaps Sunday- Wednesday type trip.

Has to be Europe, I am based in London so have lots of travel options, even have a couple of Eurostar vouchers to use.

So I would like some recommendation please for a resort that I get to easily enough and a resort that is snow sure and has plenty of accomodation.

Will avoid the half-term times and easter.

Open to suggestions!

Mick
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
micksup, I guarantee at some point there will be a suggestion saying La Rosiere and for a near beginner using the snow train it would be pretty sensible.
Other ones I would think of are La Plagne and Les Arcs.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
micksup, feel the craving!! snowHead We lasted about three days from our first ever ski holidy to booking our second one!

On the specifics of your question - I'm afraid I can't help!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
T Bar, what an excellent suggestion, I can't think of anywhere better than La Rosiere for a 2nd time skier, especially one with Eurostar vouchers.
Micksup, have a look at our ad in snowShops or go to www.tracksvacations.com for more information.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
micksup, A large number of French resorts are easily reachable by Eurostar. From now until the end of the season every resort is pretty much "snow-sure" and outside the usual peak periods resorts have plenty of accomodation (but do book as early as you can). Les Arcs & La Plagne in the Paradiski network are definate goers for novices. Any village in the 3 Valleys network will work for you although Courchevel is the most learner-friendly (just don't be sucked into staying in Brides les Bains as it's a 40min gondolar trip up to the snowline and IMHO the savings don't justify the time wasted). Until you've more experience I'm reluctant to suggest Espace Killy yet (Val d'Isire and Tignes) but otherwise they'd fit the bill.

The trouble, of course, is getting a Alpine hotellier to break his "Sat to Sat" routine.

And don't forget La Rosiere! Laughing David@traxvax's been known to be very flexible on arrival dates.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just done a Thursday - Wednesday in Plan Peisey (Les Arcs) but the hotel is now fully booked for a while and back into Sat-Sat mode. If you do go to Bourg St Maurice by Eurostar, micksup you could also try snowHead Chaletarc who does budget accom in Peisey Nancroix (which is lowish but connects easily up into Paradiski)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy