Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fifth Wheel Trailer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm toying with the idea of a 5th Wheel trailer of about 23-26ft, towed behind a pick up (for those not "au fait".)
The idea is to spend some time traveling around both in winter and summer. (Imagine a couple of weeks in Tignes in summer then down to the Med).
In winter it could be the same traveling to various resorts.

Has anyone got one, or had experience of one?

Are there any regulations in Europe (France) regarding these and snowchains for example?

Will places like Tignes take them?

I'm sure I could think up a lot more questions but that's enough for a start.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michael B, Masque has done a fair bit of research on this type of thing. Have a search with him as the author.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Thanks. Checked out some posts and links. This one is really interesting although it's put me off a bit. Sounds like so many things can go wrong. Sad
http://www.motorhome-list.org.uk/skiing.htm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michael B, Maybe worth pm'ing Masque, he was on line jst now but must have missed this thread Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michael B, If you want a 4/5 seat pickup then from what I have been told the only current generation twincab that will take a fifth wheel is the Nissan Navara as it's the only one with a big enough bed area when the twin cab bosy is on the chassis. Previous generation L200 etc can take the wheel but the last generation of trucks were much heavier on juice.
If you go onto navara.net (or something like that) then there are a few owners with trailers.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
midgetbiker, Yes Navarra is the preferred option.
Something LIKE this but not so big
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motorhome-5th-Wheel-unit-on-Nissan-Navara-Crew-Cab_W0QQitemZ160332749609QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes?hash=item160332749609&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1308|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michael B, When the bike racing is on at Thruxton there are quite a few of those for sale in the paddock (usually the youngsters trading up!). It may be worth having a look around when they are over with you for the TT.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
good idea. Only 3 weeks to go. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Michael B, They must be coming to you from me, actually, that explains why I have a fair number staying on for Sunday night this year Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mmm. Could be fun climbing to ADH - not to mention LDA Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles, Yes. Long bed truck needed plus a sliding hitch for certain. This is why I need some first hand knowledge.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've noticed a few UK sites say they won't take them

Used too often by pikies I believe
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michael B wrote:
midgetbiker, Yes Navarra is the preferred option.
Something LIKE this but not so big
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motorhome-5th-Wheel-unit-on-Nissan-Navara-Crew-Cab_W0QQitemZ160332749609QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes?hash=item160332749609&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1308|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

£17k including the truck! and no one is bidding, seems like a bargain to me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
midgetbiker, That's what I thought. But it's bigger than I want and I need to know its winterised fully.

http://www.niche-marketing.net/used.php These are used (1-2 years old) and seem a bargain add a good Navarra at about £10K and in business.
Very Happy A Similar motorhome is about £35K or more.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boris, I think it's the ones over 30 feet that dont get a welcome most places.
Anyone know how they are received on the continent, particularly Ski resorts?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy