Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head J.O pros, info please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can someone with experience of theses skis please answer the following questions for me?

-What are they like on powder?
-What are they like when carving on the piste?
-What are they like on the rails?

I ask these questions as I have seen a few contradicting reviews about them.

J.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=head+jo+pro+review&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always difficult to say absolutely, which is why people say try before you by.

We all ski differently and some skis suit and some don't.
Even things like edge hold is reletive to the individual..... and if you look at U.S reviews and where they skied it, you might have a different view of what is icy, crud etc etc

All I do, is build up a picture and evaluate if it is worth a punt.. I don't think there are many bad skis out there at all...just more or less suitable ones for what I want to do.

FWiW, if I took your criteria of powder, carving and rails, I'd expect 95% of skis would not be so great at one of them... Powder and rails will accept a softer ski, IMV..carving, less so...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT wrote:
Always difficult to say absolutely, which is why people say try before you by.

We all ski differently and some skis suit and some don't.
Even things like edge hold is reletive to the individual..... and if you look at U.S reviews and where they skied it, you might have a different view of what is icy, crud etc etc

All I do, is build up a picture and evaluate if it is worth a punt.. I don't think there are many bad skis out there at all...just more or less suitable ones for what I want to do.

FWiW, if I took your criteria of powder, carving and rails, I'd expect 95% of skis would not be so great at one of them... Powder and rails will accept a softer ski, IMV..carving, less so...

You summed up my conundrum perfectly, I am at present deliberating whether or not to buy some of a guy on this forum. Puzzled

He has given me his views, making out that these skies are pretty much good all round on the slope. Not that I do not trust him but I would just like another unbiased decision.

That link given above was helpful it definitely helped me out.

J.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Personally for the conditions you describe I wouldn't buy the skis. Apart from anything else they are probably too short.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
arv, correct me if I am wrong but I don't remember mentioning any length wink Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
I am at present deliberating whether or not to buy some of a guy on this forum

They ones for sale are 169's or something. There are hundreds of skis I would buy over these for the purposes you describe, 'piste, powder, park'.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv, could you name a few that are still twin tips?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What year are they?

I believe this years J.O Pros are slightly fatter which would lead me to understand that the years before may have been fine for hitting rails and cruising the pistes, but on large jumps and powder they would wash out and not provide much float.

From purely seeing them in shops and having a feel, I recall them being fairly stiff so I would say they'd be great for charging the pistes and hitting rails, but not great for powder.

If they are this years they're slightly wider meaning possibly better float, but probably retaining the stiffness that Jon Olsson prefers.

And yes, I did just write that last sentence.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Surfsuperstar wrote:
arv, could you name a few that are still twin tips?

His Armada arvs if they are still for sale would be the perfect ski in the perfect length for you. That or the Volkl Bridge.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As FREESKIER mentioned, there are a pair of Volkl Bridges for sale here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51044

Not sure if they are still available though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
buckers wrote:
What year are they?

I believe this years J.O Pros are slightly fatter which would lead me to understand that the years before may have been fine for hitting rails and cruising the pistes, but on large jumps and powder they would wash out and not provide much float.

From purely seeing them in shops and having a feel, I recall them being fairly stiff so I would say they'd be great for charging the pistes and hitting rails, but not great for powder.

If they are this years they're slightly wider meaning possibly better float, but probably retaining the stiffness that Jon Olsson prefers.

And yes, I did just write that last sentence.

Thanks mate, I had a try on the skis up at the MK snowcentre and they were definitely the ones for I was jibbing off the rails by the end of the two hour session.

Thanks for all the info you guys gave me especially FREESKIER.

J.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy