Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EoSB (and a bit) Touring

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had planned a week of touring with various snowHeads as a warm up to crossing the Vanoise from Val d’Isere to Val Thorens with Topsmoke, but bad weather at the start of the second week stopped us from doing that. Needless to say, it didn’t stop us from doing a “few” other things! Very Happy
-----------------------
Couloir Tempete to Col du Borgune and then Couloir "X".

The finely oiled Yoda, MrHH, and BernardC caterpillar in action heading for the Col du Bourge.
-----------------------
Col du Cheviere to l'Ogere and Lac du Lou to finish things off!

The sign of a good morning!
-----------------------
Couloir Bonmartin to l'Ogere (no Romanians in sight!), followed by a late skin up Peclet to descend the Ouest Face.
Bonmartin Couloir

View from the top of Peclet was a bit pants though!

----------------------
Dome de la Sache via Turia hut, almost 2000m desecent, but had to walk down a cliff side path for about 100m!
Dawn on Glacier la Gurraz.

---------------------
Climbed up the steep side of the Col Gebrolaz with Topsmoke, crossed the Col and up Mont Gebrolaz.
Looking down Glacier Gebroulaz.

---------------------
Pointe de la Reschesse from Pralognan with Topsmoke.

----------------------
La Sana with Topsmoke, descent to the La Femma hut to deliver some bread and then climb Mean Martin the following morning.
Looking towards Mont Blanc.

---------------------
Topsmoke had to depart today, but I had one more day before leaving for Germany, so for my last day of the season I climbed 1750m to the summit of Grand Sassiere on the French Italian border. Amazing views to end my season!! Very Happy

Mont Pourri and Dome la Sache

Looking into Italy

---------------------
A fantastic end to my season, many thanks to all those that I skied with, ate with and drank with at the EoSB!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
philw, nice, see you've got into the touring properly now. Did you do all that on Dukes?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swirly, after some touring earlier in the season with the FRs and Dukes, I decided that for skinning for any decent length of time Dynafits were needed, so have some superlight Movement Randoms with TLT Lites. (Both skis weigh less than one of the FRs!) Very Happy Although they did take a little bit of getting used to, and are good at showing off my sometimes shoddy technique!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
philw, Great pics, nice to meet you Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
philw, eer, stop going on about my weight! Blush Laughing
Welcome back. The photos are awesome. Lucky sod. Still, all that walking? It's not really skiing is it wink Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
great stuff, Almost makes me want to bypass the lifts--- almost Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
philw, unless you tour on snowshoes carrying everything else on your back I won't take any weight issues seriously Laughing Seriously though I did a tour with someone who was on Coombas with Dynafits, seemed the best of both worlds he was pretty fast up and down.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A few more pictures from the way up Grand Sassiere.

The cloud was just trying to come over the cornice and gobble us up!

Grand Casse in the distance before disappearing below the cloud.

On the way down just about to enter the cloud, thankfully armed with gps to make navigation easier and a rope to work out how steep the slope was!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 11-05-09 22:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, yep no real wieght worries here, just the FRs really are too heavy for anything more than a couple of hours climbing.

Swirly wrote:
philw, unless you tour on snowshoes carrying everything else on your back I won't take any weight issues seriously Laughing

What do you expect when you insist on that monoski with its bindings at a jaunty angle! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
philw, Going green

I hope to join you for a warm-up in, say, EoSB '15?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TallTone, ..... prepare ... your time is nigh .... Laughing .... EoSB 15 - 5 to be precise ..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BernardC, sounds like you are almost missing an evil laugh in your last post!!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
philw, it was good to meet you at the EoSB, I hope we ski together next year (and you too BernardC, of course).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowball, likewise, and hopefully for more than one very cloudy day next time!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy