Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow fun in a sit-ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was 'volunteered' to ride in a sit-ski at the opening event at The Snow Centre earlier this week. It's been a long time since I was so nervous at the top of a gentle piste, and just before the first run my heart was racing. I had visions of leaving a neat hole in the newly constructed wall, but I was surprised (and relieved) by how much control I had. Much like riding a bike it was a case of leaning into the turns, leading with my head. If anyone is at an event where Disability Snowsports UK are raising awareness and offering a ride in a sit-ski make sure you have a go. You'll have fun and will gain even more respect for the disabled racers.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 9-05-09 7:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, wasn't Sir Steve Redgrave also having a go?

Looking forward to our course!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, he squeezed into the sit-ski a little later. Rachel, the Trainer who was skiing with us, looked a little concerned!

I really looking forward to the course now. Be nice to spend five days in the sit-ski...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, It looks tiny and most uncomfortable Shocked Is this a training aid to introduce folks into the sit ski? or is it a device that can be used for a "passenger"?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, it's a training aid; because it has two skis underneath the chair it's relatively stable at slow speed, so a bit like a kid's first bike.

It was quite snug in there, especially when all the straps were done up (ankles, thighs, waist). But Steve Redgrave got in, and he's bigger than you (in most dimensions Wink).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
is that dual fat skis?? I always assumed they had one ski??
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski wrote:
is that dual fat skis?? I always assumed they had one ski??

I'm not (yet) certain about what the differences are, but all the disabled racers I've seen have one ski.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That looks like a very cheap version of the ones I have seen. Lower to the ground, no suspension, and 2 skis to support the weight of lardarse Redgrave Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing

It did have suspension.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, I'm suprised that no one has made any comments about trusting women drivers........but I'd never lower myself to such comments, just in case one of them drove into me!!!! rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sleipnir, Laughing

She said she didn't have to do much steering, other than at the end of the run. I think mostly I was in control and she was there to nag and ask for directions...

Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So that is why we didn't see much of Rachel in Andorra this season, however just to start the rumour mill we did see Sir Steve there on a BASI course. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dypcdiver, I think she's spending a lot of time at Chill Factore running their adaptive programme.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I saw her boyfriend the other week, he works behind the bar in Fatties and by now he should be back in the UK with her.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, You lucky, lucky person you! I've always wanted to have a go in one of those. Going green Going green
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy