Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Ski & snowboard camp - November

Poster: A snowHead
3 of us booked for weekend 7th November. Anyone else around?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowlamb, Have posted this up on "Organising Trips" now! Z.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just bumping this up! Smile
Arriving Thusrday 5th Nov for 3 nights.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zwee wrote:

Me too Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zwee wrote:

Me too Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it just the four of us then?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nooooo - we're full that weekend! Bloody Easyjet have cancelled my incoming flight though so I've got to go out on 4th...ah well, extra day! BUT straight after Brum ski show it's VERY inconvenient!!!!

(my birthday on 6th - I like chocolate and champagne!) Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/oct/04/skiing-snowboarding
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Joanne Mountainsun,

Really looking forward to it...was beginning to wonder looking at the webcams, but the article has cheered me up.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Forecasts are looking good!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well happy birthday celebrations...

There should be loads of snow for you guys and we haven't used it! High winds have closed us early on Monday and not opened yesterday or today...desolé

Bon skiing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Joanne Mountainsun, Does anyone know if they have the Atomic's Double Deck skis for testing we're coming out on the 9th of Dec and I've heard a lot about these ski's and would like to try them
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jivebaby, Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, Will try Tignes again same next year Cool Cool

.. have voucher as promsied. Will PM when I get home as I left ski jacket, passport, driving licence etc in apartment so had to come back before flying home. Luckily head screwed on tight !
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowlamb, have a great trip. Looking at the weather forecast you'd better take every layer you possess.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Tignes/6day/top

snowHead
latest report
pam w wrote:
snowlamb, have a great trip. Looking at the weather forecast you'd better take every layer you possess.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Tignes/6day/top

snowHead

Thanks Pam, last week we were planning on packing walking boots and plenty of books....now we're grinning like cheshire cats.

Can't wait.
snow conditions
Well as you know plenty of snow fell last week - we were soooo lucky - the groups before us could only sit and watch the snow falling as the mountain was shut for 3 days due to high winds but finally opened at 1:30pm on the Thursday. This led us to a late transfer from Geneva to resort as (alledgedly) some inexperienced sliders were left by their experienced "mates" to slide down on their own, they struggled and obviously the transfer bus had had to wait for them!

Our first morning the 3 of us felt a bit nervous but particularly our 1 week only friend. We asked advice on the best runs for her and, after a sharp intake of breath, it was suggested that we should go down the chair lift on the left after coming out of the Furnicular and then up a drag lift. Trouble is we couldn't work out how to get down the chair lift rolling eyes - it seemed to be chained off - so after chatting to some folks from chalet we decided the only way was up!

First part of the red run was fine and she (& we) were fine but then it suddenly got steeper and lumpier - she lost count of the number of time she fell over (at least it was soft!) and after a hideous experience on a drag lift we stopped for lunch and she gave up for the day Sad !

Prices at the restuarant were expensive (4.80 for bowl of chips) and even the French were complaining.

Snowlamb and I ventured out after lunch trying to see if we could find anything suitable for our friend but were not confident enough in our own abilities to be able to encourage her out or teach her anything. But we did have a good ski - and I managed an extra run with some other chalet residents.

That evening we met up with a British ski instructor & snowHead rorie who was lovely and suggested how he could help all of us the next day.

We met him at 8:45am the next morning and he showed us how to get down aforementioned chairlift and up the T-bar. Our friend was still struggling and so he sent snowlamb and me off and he spent the morning with her. We met up again at 11 - all smiles from them and us - she had remembered everything she'd been taught before and we had skiied a black run very succesfully (without knowing it was such until after the event!). Rorie then took Snowlamb and me out and gave us excellent instruction - a bit of carving, a bit of coping with ice, a bit of offpiste/powder and a bit of bumps all whilst skiing the Double M to the bottom. He left us at 1:45pm with only 100E from us in his pocket - excellent value for money for 5 hours! By the time we got back up the mountain there was no food available and by the time we had a loo stop and an incident with the chair lift, the lifts had stopped running so there was no more skiing that day.

Saturday night it snowed again and although there was a sweepstake we never did find out how much fell - Sunday loads of powder but light was so poor that you couldn't see the contours or lumps of soft stuff so it was very tricky skiing and I finally fell over. I wimped out soon after that with a list of excuses - tired, jelly legs, can't see, boots not right but I do tend to go to pot on my third day on all my ski holidays - I think I need to get fitter.

All in all an excellent break - really glad we didn't have to take walking boots (although that would have been lovely too) - I think next time we will try to go a bit later once more lifts are open. The Chalet was basic but comfortable, warm and food excellent, staff very attentive, very sociable guests - thanks to the "welsh lads", "Kim and Sarah", the "4 lads with a scottish guy" and "Declan's crowd" they kept us laughing.

According to the equipment guys a group of just women is "odd" so come on girls get out there!

Well done to all those still reading this - will post some piccies when I've worked out how to!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy