Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos attracts the world's media, but what's it really like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
World leaders gathered this week for their annual grandstanding at Davos's World Economic Forum, but what really makes this unusual resort tick? This article from today's SwissInfo reveals some interesting points.

Any comments on Davos - particularly its skiing?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Davos is a fine resort. I have stayed there twice.

There is plenty of skiing to be had. Area links are not like 3 valleys, but that does not bother me.

Lifts are sound. I have'nt had problems with queues. First time I went the trains were on the lift pass for skiers So you could get to Klosters and then get a train back to Davos Platz or Dorf. Most of the skiing I did centred on Parsenn/Klosters. There are some fine long runs. You may need to catch a postbus at the end of some of them. Madrisa, Jakobshorn etc were OK to ring the changes but not the main attraction. A bit like Rendl beach and St Anton, I suppose.

The place is a town, but a perfectly acceptable one in my view. I do not see that as a negative. I prefer it to the French station de ski architecure. How many decent ski areas have chocolate box resorts these days ?

Hotels are of a very good standard, as are mountain restaurants. Freeloaders at the World Economic Forum do not choose to stay there by accident. Transfer by train from Zurich is an absolute delight. A far cry from the weekend scrum for transfer coachs at Geneva

It's not overrun by Brits. So you do get a feeling of having gone away on holiday. It is not flashy like St Moritz. I don't know much about apres ski. Some may find it sedate, but I was very happy with an excellent meal in the hotel and a beer or two. It is certainly free of yobboes and hoorays.

I would say it is overlooked on the British package market - but that suits me very well. Swiss hotels are a bargain compared to French ones in equivalent resorts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy