Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will the first complete ski-descent of K2 be achieved this summer?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Swedish extreme skier Fredrik Ericsson will attempt the first complete descent of K2 - the world's second-highest mountain - this summer. The expedition commences in June 2009.

This report from K2Climb.net. [scroll down page]

Quote:
The current K2 ski expedition is the first stage in Fredrik's project to become the first person to ski the world’s three highest mountains: Mount Everest, K2 and Kangchenjunga.

Extracts from Ericsson's press release on the challenge:

Quote:
“I have already skied on three of the 14 8000-meter peaks. During these adventures I gained critical experience that will apply towards my goal of skiing the absolute highest. The project spans two years and I will try to ski the three highest mountains in the world: K2 (8612m) this summer, Kangchenjunga (8586m) in autumn 2009, and Mount Everest (8850m) in the autumn of 2010,” says Fredrik.

Quote:
“We will not use supplemental oxygen and will carry all the same equipment as the other climbers. In addition, well also be carrying all of our ski equipment and wearing ski touring boots which are not nearly as warm, comfortable or functional as climbing boots. This makes the climb much more difficult for us than for other climbers,” says Fredrik.

There's a lot more to read in the press release: here. [scroll down page]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
now that's what I call "The Upper Slopes"

He is a bit 'ooh get me and all my heavy kit' when he bangs on about how much harder it is for him than 'the 'others' I dislike competitive climbers - it's anathemic to the activity which should be about peace, respect and a personal journey.

Hey ho, money talks, and of course as he is sponsered by our good friends at Rossignol and will be completing the descent on a pair of ex-rental Zenith X3 oversize carvers, all publicity is good publicity.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't see this... it is hard enough to climb it, let alone anything else... Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Starting in June is leaving it a bit late isn't it? (Mountaineering experts this way please). I'd be amazed if he gets up K2 in order to have the chance of skiing down. No supplemental O2? Ski touring boots?... climbers lose toes even when wearing the best climbing boots so what chance? Everest will seem like a doddle if he manages K2.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT, It's fairly technical by 8000m peak standards but it's the weather conditions and avi risk that make it such a tough cookie.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, Everest will be easy compared to K2 whatever happens. Good luck to him it'll be bloody hard and damn dangerous.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarpa, My mate said the walk to base camp was brutal... but I guess that is all relative.

I must watch his slides again.....the valley walls seem straight up...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JT, it is, as is the drive up the Karakorum highway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy