Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A shocking outcome for a ski instructor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Sun reports today that Liam Neeson has spoken to a ski instructor who discovered that the profession can have the most dreadful side to it (albeit extremely rare):

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2412117.ece

Very little is reported there, and it is very private in any case. The instructor is reported as "unnamed" but the paper knows the instructor's gender. The instructor would have been in charge of Natasha Richardson's 'safety-enjoyment-learning', to use the classic mantra of priorities. There's no reason to suppose that the actress didn't die as the result of anything other than a run-of-the-mill ski fall, hitting her head, being helped safely off the mountain and (according to the original reports) being advised to seek immediate medical treatment.

But what a dreadful (and maybe traumatising) outcome for the instructor. It's not guaranteed to be a glamorous life.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting comments by the Suns readers any snowHeads commenting on there?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, looks like it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The instructor did everything that could be expected of her when the accident occured, and more.
We can't know what Mr Neeson said to her during this 'phone call, but I would bet that he was doing his best to comfort her, he comes across as that sort of man.
She shouldn't be blaming herself, but it's an awful thing to have happen to you if you are in that position of responsibility for another's wellbeing.
Glamorous? I don't think that many skiers expect that when they become instructors. Fun, rewarding, and - for most - poorly paid would be my guess.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy