Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski size

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm contemplating buying some Fischer Progressor 7+ skis and am not entirely sure what size to buy. I'm 175cm high and weigh about 72kg on average. I would put myself as intermediate. Last trip I was doing reds with a reasonable degree of confidence, but expect to be going far more regularly and would hope to improve. Any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You're the same height as me and a couple of kilos lighter. I'm a recreational intermediate skier. Not as fast or fearless as I used to be but I can generally cope OK on reds with the occasional easy black. My last two trips I have skied on 165cm after selling my old 174cm Atomic SX9s. I definitely find the shorter skis better for me. The Atomics were just too fast and I'm very conscious of wanting to control my speed.

However, I don't know anything about the Fischer skis. I had Fischer 185 skinny skis back in the 80s and early 90s, but haven't skied on any since then. I seem to end up hiring something different every year. This year was Salomon Streetracer 600 which I have to say I liked less than the Rossignol Attraxion IV I hired last season.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bridgfordkid, I have a pair of Progressor 7+ skis and I ski a 160cm. I'm a little shorter than you at 5' 7" (171-2cm), but similar weight (on a good day!). The advice I was give by others was that if I was going to ski mostly on the slopes 165cm would be better, but if my skiing was going to include domes/indoors, 160cm may be better. I actually tried the 165s indoors and they were a little too long for me, although it was a little better with the railflex bindings being set in the forward position (to help with turn initiation).

You may also wanna think about the 8+ as they are comparible with the Fischer RX8s which are very popular with SnowHeads. I was in Ellis Brigham today at Tamworth and they had a pair of 8+ that they were selling off cheaper than the normal RRP....can't remember the size though. They had some ex-demo 7s a few weeks back, but I didn't see them so I'm guessing that they've gone

I got mine from Sport Conrad, but I see that they only have them in 175cm, which is probably a little too long for you IMO

BTW, welcome to snowHead !!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bridgfordkid, nose height/165cm would be ideal.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks a lot!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bridgfordkid, welcome to Snowheads snowHead . From Nottingham with a user name like that .... wonder which part of town you live? wink I'm also in Nottingham.

Out of interest, what made you want the Progressor 7+? I tested a pair of these this winter and didn't really get on with them. I'd say I'm a good inter. to adv. skier on the piste, garbage off the piste. rolling eyes The 7+ felt slow edge to edge and a little unstable. I'm not saying that these skis are bad, just that they weren't for me. I recommend you try them if you haven't done already. You may find something like the Salomon Xwing Tornado Ti maybe better (I also tested some of these). They're slightly more advanced and more responsive IMO. If you're going to go more frequently and progress to an advanced skier, something like the Tornado or the K2 Crossfire maybe better.

Just my ten pence worth anyway. Good luck with it. I've just bought my first pair of skis and it took me ages to decide! Mad snowHead

Kersh
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Gents, Got a pair of 165cm Fischer Progressor 8+ put aside for me at The Snowdome to pick up on Saturday. Plumped for an ex-demo pair at £315 against £360 sale price new and £440 RRP so feels like a good deal. I can now get on with the rest of my life until the approaching season steals my focus again.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bridgfordkid, nice one. When they need fettling I'm just up the road wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bridgfordkid wrote:
Thanks Gents, Got a pair of 165cm Fischer Progressor 8+ put aside for me at The Snowdome to pick up on Saturday. Plumped for an ex-demo pair at £315 against £360 sale price new and £440 RRP so feels like a good deal. I can now get on with the rest of my life until the approaching season steals my focus again.

Glad you got yourself fixed up.

Would recommend the services of Spyderjon too - get em nice and ready for the forthcoming season. I'm sure he'll explain what's what and educate you in terms of the Railflex system and how it all works
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy