Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vanoise Express

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Did they ever get this working this year?
I did read there were safety issues as it failed some sort of test right at the start of the 2008\2009 season?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, it was working fine all season. I didn't hear anything about a failed test.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Used it in Jan with people who were out there for the season....never heard a bad word about it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BMF_Skier, It failed a test the year before and was shut for the whole season, is that what you mean?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schuss in Boots, Maybe.. it must be my age... one year blends into the next....... Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BMF_Skier, Know that feeling Laughing AIUI, it was tested prior to the 2007 opening and failed - summat to do with corrosion in the cables. Although not dangerous, it was way in advance of the corrosion that it should have had at that stage. They shut it for the season and the following summer replaced the cables. It re-opened in Dec 08 and worked fine all season.

This is my recollection of events.. but someone in 'the know' will probably put right the errors in my tale... wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went over it several times the week before last. It didn't fall down.

snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Bish, Ahhh but did you....? wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And it was the reason why the Montalbert Villaroger challenge went down a storm last season
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Went over it several times the week before last. It didn't fall down.

Chris Bish, Laughing

BMF_Skier, I also used in Jan and April and survived Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski Beat in Plan-Peisey used it as an 'activity' for some of the kids they were looking after in the child care groups..

definitely seemed to be running the 20 or so times I used it this season, and looking out my bedroom window on the days when I stayed on the LA side...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It failed tests the beginning of the season before and they shut it the whole season as they can only replace cables during the summer really. They were replace summer 08 and it was running the whole season 08/09. I think the test was only done after a similar cable car had an issue made by the same company, or something like that.

Used it for the first time this year, very exciting, in a sad geeky sort of way!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy