Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard base grind Midlands area........................

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody on the forum actually does this or actually knows someone who does (as opposed to can tell me where to get it done)?

I need my board ground but need to be there when it's done to gauge how much needs to come off the base relative to how much damage there is on the edges.

The board will come fully prepped, so just needs grinding.

No, I won't try to tell you your job, but as I'll be responsible for the edges I do need some input.

The boards got four weeks on it and is a rocker if that makes any difference. And there is a fair bit of damage.

Cheers in advance.

John.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BCjohnny, if you want it stone ground (rather than belt ground) then good luck, it was hard enough to find someone who could do a board in resort. Are you sure it needs it after 4 weeks? I got mine done after about 15, it was shagged but tbh I only got it done as the snow was getting wetter and I wanted a deep structure putting in it. It's buggered again but as the structure's still there I doubt I'll get it done again for another season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BCjohnny, Try http://www.lockwoods.com - they're v.good on skis & have done the same for me in the past. I'm not sure if their machine will take boards.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:
BCjohnny, Try http://www.lockwoods.com - they're v.good on skis & have done the same for me in the past. I'm not sure if their machine will take boards.

I'd recommend Lockwoods at Leamington Spa too. They did a couple of good base grinds for me on a pair of skis and a pair of blades (not mine, honest guv!) But as Spyderjon said, I'm not sure either if they can do boards also. Worth giving them a bell to ask
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies, I'll call Lockwoods and see what they say. Failing that I'll get the edges done and get it ground where I touch down next season.

Swirly, It's rubber ducked mate. I'm not the type to get major work done at the least sign of damage.

I think they must have had a couple of good growing seasons for rocks since I was last at Marmot.

Cheers, John.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Purely for future reference, Lockwoods' machine isn't big enough to take boards, I've been informed.

The very helpful young lady who fielded the query informed me they did the bases "by hand" (whatever that implies; a hand held belt sander?), it would take a week, and be fifty sovs. Not quite what I was looking for.

Looks like an at the hill job, or does anyone have any other leads?

Might just build a machine myself to do 'em. Think there'd be much call?

John.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy