Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Snowhead to Ski Hemel (and not employed there)?

Poster: A snowHead
I will claim it :blush:

Well. At 3 o'clock today I will claim it. ;-)

I'm assuming when rob@rar visited he had a walk about there. Or am I really wrong?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think beanie1 will beat you by a couple of hours. She's there at lunchtime today.

A few of us skied there on Thursday evening: me, Spyderman, Kitty, skimottaret and monster77, but we're all on the part-time staff there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter Leuzzi, rob skied with us on Thursday, but he will be instructing there too.
You'll be one of 1,700 people this weekend then testing systems for the Wednesday opening. Enjoy yourself, the snow's great.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Spyderman, theres me told!

Looking forward to it. I was fortunate enough to have been through it a few times during construction and have been looking forward to it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're invited to ski there on Monday. Really can't wait.........! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Leuzzi, Gillian, there's some photos here and here and here. Enjoy your visit Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gillian, Have a great time. We did. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I assume that the first tracks were cut by Peter Silver Gillespie, and since he runs the place and is a snowHead there should be none of this squabbling.

If you want first tracks in a snowdome, build one! ... cue Blue Peter [Gillespie]
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith, PSG is also employed there, so specifically excluded from the opening question.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
clearly we need categories and certificates...

1st Employed Journalist
1st Unemployed Journalist
1st Cleaning Woman
1st Instructor With Sanitised Helmet
1st Instructor With Un-sanitised Helmet and/or Beanie
1st Monopod
1st Swine 'Flu Sufferer
1st Sockpuppet
1st Transvestite

etc, etc, ad nauseum...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller,
missed,
1st Instructor to fall over: skimotteret Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
1st Insurance salesman

Yes, I'm getting the theme
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1st Bloodwagon at Hemel. I think it's in this photo by rob@rar:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3389/3490989242_385b009db3_o.jpg

Looks a bit slim. Would that bloodwagon cope with one of the beer&curry monsters who habituate this forum?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Now been.

Really, really good for an indoor ski. The snow is brilliant and its long and wide enough to actually do proper turns.

Being all new, all the kit is nice and shiny and smells spanking.

The bar/cafe upstairs is really good too.

It has it all over MK, Tamworth and La Rosiere.

Highly recommend a visit.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter Leuzzi, glowing report.

Breaking news... 1st alien skis it...
ski holidays
Peter Leuzzi, Glad you enjoyed it. Very Happy
snow report
That's not an alien, it's Bender from Futurama!!
snow report
Sorry Peter Leuzzi, I skied there yesterday at about 11:55am!
snow conditions
I started a resort review thread here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51998
latest report
beanie1, yes i was warned. You are connected, as I was told that the first were in and on at 12. Well played!

Good isn't it?
ski holidays
Peter Leuzzi, officially it was 12 but about 11:50 they said they were ready to let people on.

It's great!
ski holidays
Good stuff, was there today and was very impressed snowHead
ski holidays
had lots of fun there today. excellent snow quality compared to milton keynes, no issues checking in, £1 refundable locker fee. used my own equipment and clothing, so can't review those aspects. all in all, a very good time. snowHead really keen to try out their freestyle night on friday now.
ski holidays
Is there going to be anybody left who hasn't skied there (other than me) by the time the official opening happens? Laughing
snow conditions
um, sorry to tell you dude, but it may be just you! didn't you get the special snowheads invite?!?!?! Laughing

just kidding. i assume i got my invite cos i'm already a member at hemel?
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
Peter Leuzzi, Gillian, there's some photos here and here and here. Enjoy your visit Smile

With reference to your 2nd set of photos.
Slope empty, bar full.
Was this a bash? Very Happy
latest report
youspurs1 wrote:
With reference to your 2nd set of photos.
Slope empty, bar full.
Was this a bash? Very Happy

There's a remarkable degree of convergence of priorities between snowHeads and Hemel's instructors Wink
snow report
rob@rar, One and the same in a lot of cases. Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Morning!

I think I'm the 1st slowest Snowheads Skiing Mum of two ski Racers to ski at the Snow Centre Laughing

We all went along yesterday and it was just FAB!!! The wow factor hits you as soon as you see the building from the road. A truly fantastic building inside and out! From now on, this building will become almost a second home to my kids!! Hemel Ski Club are soooo lucky to have such a fantastic facility!
Back again on Wednesday!
Very Happy
ski holidays
First over 50 snowHead to ski there? (3pm Monday). I can echo all the other favourable reports and can join the "banged my head getting off the Poma lift too early club". Embarassed
ski holidays
Nick W wrote:
First over 50 snowHead to ski there? (3pm Monday). I can echo all the other favourable reports and can join the "banged my head getting off the Poma lift too early club". Embarassed

They had put little brushes (the type used for training gates) out yesterday to guide people exiting the top of the lift. Seemed to stop people turning too sharply when letting go of the poma.
ski holidays
rolling eyes Even I didn't do that!! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy