Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggest for me a resort for Early 2010 please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Megamum, SnowHead luke has an apartment very close to the lifts in Chantemerle, Villeneuve also has some good apartments clsoe to the lifts, , and there's a good English speaking ski school too . http://www.ski-school-connections.co.uk/. I love Monetier of course, highest skiing, quietest and usually the best snow, and it also has an English instructor, and some very apartments and a good butcher's for self-caterers. MOst Serre Chevalier accommodation is not ski-in or ski-out, but you can find some very close to the lifts so that wouldn't matter. PM me if you want more info on any of the villages (we;ve stayed in them all), any accommodation you might llike the look of, or anything about Serre Chevalier at all.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum wrote:
OK, we like VT, but before booking again we thought it might be worth seeing if there are other places to explore

Criteria

MUST be ski in/out preferrably without a long lift journey to the main ski area from the accomodation.
Can drive to it on the continent in around 10 hours (ish)
Can get accommodation for 4 included 2 sleeping areas separate from the living area (will happily take accommodation recommendations) - probably self catered, unless it is as cheap to do something different.
Has very few drag lifts (gondolas/cable cars/chairs etc. preferred)
Has a decent amount of skiing (to last a week) to fit someone of my standard - getting relatively OK on red runs - will have a crack at an easy red-y black
Can do a decent ski school for the kids
Has an easily accessible supporting town/village with decent facilities inc. supermarket!!!
Could do with being fairly high so we get decent snow

So must have many VT like attributes - have considered LDA, would welcome comments on that suggestion and any other locations that you might suggest.
Check out Avoriaz web site,we were there in Jan 09.Had the best skiing ever in Europe.The whole village is ski in ski out.........
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, What about Les Crosets on the Swiss side of the Porte du Soleil area? A small resort in a huge ski area. Hameau du Croset (spelling?) has some lovely new apartments,large ski in/out ski area, local Swiss ski school,amazing scenery of the dent du midi,a few hotels, couple of bars/shops and a supermarket. Maybe a compromise between VT and resort X. wink I am going over New Year http://www.mountain-lodge.co.uk/les_crosets.html has a few good links to all the resort info.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski School in St Anton were the best I've encountered for littl'uns. I'm sure most of us parents have a favourite, probably the one that finally got the ankle biters able to ski from top to bottom without crying.

You know, the ski schools I really hate are the ones that teach your kids to be better than you Smile In my case (for child one), that was probably Selva).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, If you go to Robs place in les Arcs, New Gen have a very good ski school, based in Vallandry. I've not had personal experience with them, but have seen them with small groups of kids & the lessons look excellent. But Rob will be able to advise, as he has worked with them. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the suggestions folks - they have been very useful and I have looked up info on lots of them, inc. those sent by PM - many of you have taken quite a bit of time sending me info on your favourites and it is very much appreciated Very Happy snowHead . At the moment there is a good chance that we could end up in Rob's place at Les Arcs for all sorts of reasons, but I now have a huge list of 'places to visit in the future!!', esp. when I win the lottery!!!

In fact its quite fun to be considering a new large ski area knowing that I probably now have enough confidence to enjoy it. Such a change from me 2 years ago and its all down to membership of Snowheads snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, heartwarming.... snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

tasteful "Heysel: 39-0" t-shirt
Shocked

A shocking comment and no different to other Snowheads running round in T-shirts to take the p*** out of other major football disasters, such as those closer to home in the past 20 years...

One for the moderators to remove, me thinks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why the need to stick to France? Why not fly?

Italy and Austria are much better value. Although I had a fantastic time at the EOSB I was appauled at the rip off nature of VT. 6.50 Euro a pint in O'Connells!!!!!!!!!!!! Having said that there were a few better value places to eat over in Orelle and above Les Menuires.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy