Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livingo at New Year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book a new years trip away for me and 10 others over in Livingo - any recomendations of where to stay?

Ideally near a lift and relatively near some night life would be great!

Cheers!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jacqueline1818, Welcome to snowHead s. Anywhere in Livigno town is close to a lift, but why Livigno? It is probably the worst resort in Italy!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Roy Hockley, really - why?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bh1, Town itself is a long drag. About 3Ks long and about 8 buildings deep! You will need a taxi or bus to get around if you are not based where you want to drink and dance, if your favourite nightclub is the other end of town you are seriously goosed!

A good point is that at the back of all the hotels on one side you have a lift to take you to a slope. However this will be a run of about 100m, good for a novice but not for an intermediate skier. Ther are two hills to ski, alas these are not interconnected and when you want to go between them you will need the bus again.

The nightlife is good, if you are into loud drinkers. The duty free status means that it can attract skiers that are very keen to purchase and possibly consume cheap booze. It can attract the Fallaraci on snow brigade!

The transfer is very long, but if you are not all that concerned with the transfer possibly the Super Dolomiti would be another good choice, the area is truly beautiful.

Livigno has a good nightlife and if you are a beginner nearly all hotels are next to a lift, so this may be exactly what the OP wants. But IMO it is my least favoured resort and was giving my opinion. I have been to many Italian resorts and unlike some that would poo poo an entire country or region I have exeperienced a variety of places and loved many of them, but Livigno is not one of them! There are others that the OP would enjoy equally.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jacqueline1818,

Been to Livigno a few times. AsRoy Hockley, says it is a long narrow town, but a taxi will take you anywhere for e6.00. We stayed in the San Giovanni, which has a button lift that allows you to traverse directly down to the main Carasello Gondolla. Convenient, doorstep skiing, well priced, not fancy, but clean and good food.

Livigno is a great resort if you are primarily looking for value and guaranteed snow. Main downside for me was the transfer.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jacqueline1818, Livigno's a great little resort for the non-gnarly crowd. Just enough hill for a week of intermediate skiing and lots of nursery (though they're at the steeper end of bunny-slope grading). There is some good off-piste but you are required to have a guide. The town has two distinct ends and a loooooooong string of hotels, apartments and restaurants between them. so if you want easy access to night-time debauchery , make sure you're at the ends. If you're into making your own entertainment then supermarket booze, mp3 speakers a deck of cards and something hideous from WHSmith's best seller shelf will keep you happy anywhere in resort.

The buses are free with your pass and very regular. The taxis are cheap. The restaurants are good and some very good. It is a bit of a party town but not in a frenetic Faliraki way and it's easy to find bars and restaurants with a more settled atmosphere.

Its only real downside is the crappy 4.5+ hr. transfer . . . take booze, cards, book, pillow, ear-plugs (delete as appropriate)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque wrote:
.....There is some good off-piste but you are required to have a guide. ...

Is that local law? How is it enforced?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles, It may have changed recently but the year before my last visit they suffered a number of deaths off-piste and the schools were telling us not to head under the ropes as there had been a local law enacted to fine skiers outside the marked areas without guides. There was also a lot of shouting and gesturing by the lifties when peeps tried to duck under the ropes. Though this was more evident on the San Rocco/Carosello side than Mottolino Confused
I know that there are a lot of farmers outside the ski area that don't take down their wire fences in the Winter and if you hit a burried strand of wire at speed . . . It's going to do some damage
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque, thanks.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hi we went easter 2008 stopped at apartment in middle of resort, not in neilson brochure now but can be found on internet called Casa Longa, think you can book package through Jet2.
anyway location meant 300m walk down to nursery slope for my beginner daughter, from there i could traverse to main Costaccia lifts and have a good time up on the long runs while she had lessons. once she was confident we had a bus stop right outside which meant we could be round to mottolina in 20 minutes.
for apres ski our locations was quite good as it was only 10 mins stroll in each direction to main centres ie down hill to main pedestrianised area and uphill to San Rocco, which is quite lively. Right next door to our apts was the bar Cronix, which had the bowling alley underneath, aswell as climbing wall and other games.
all in all quite a useful location
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy