Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are (Sweden) has an excellent disabled ski school..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just registered and have been cruising the forum .
I've noticed quite a few references and recommendations for ski schools for the disabled in USA and the Alps even Oz.
I want to recommend the disabled ski school at ARE founded by Anders Ohlsson.

I've been three times for a weeks holidays.
http://www.totalskidskolan.z.se/
Check out the web site.. its a bit out of date but there is an English 'button'.

I cannot recommend it too highly. They deal with all sorts of disability and it being Sweden, the english is good, the facilities child friendly and the nursery slopes are ideal. The instructors are super experts in every thing they teach.. (ie all the instructors can ski all the kit.. they even practice doing it blind). At the end of the day they get into the mono sit-skis to practice technique (and enjoy themselves.. its good fun)

The school is subsidised by sponsorship so I paid about £400 for 5 days lift pass, all day one-to-one tuition, equipment hire and you get picked up and dropped off from the hotel.

What do I know? I've been skiing for 30 years. I sold my snow board a few years ago to buy golf clubs.. my knees had finally given up.. But then I saw a guy on a sit-ski on TV..and I knew I could do it and get back in the mountains again. and I did. I've just bought a mono-sitski. I'm not registered disabled but I cant walk very well any more.

Anyway the point is that on two of the weeks I went the hotel (the school gets a discount at the Continental Inn) was 'packed' with disabled kids and their families and it was excellent. Kids camp... really brilliant as they say.
Another week the Back Up were there with about 8 serious spinal injury guys all having a marvellous time. (Backup is a UK charity helping people with recent spinal injuries to face things again).

While I was there this easter we were accompanied for a couple of days by a woman who's husband had recently been seriously injured in car accident. My instructor was showing her what skiing with some one on a sitski was like. She went away really optimistic about their future holidays. I got a big hug out of it.

If you see an old fool on a sitski (maybe lying in the snow) at Chillfactore or Castleford..
It could be me. Say hi.. Madeye-Smiley

Anyway.. .. a place to go.. ARE pronounced Orer I think!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
weyham, sounds like a good set up, thanks for reviewing it.

And welcome to snowHead s!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy