Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice on skis/boots for next season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Planning my first season for 09/10 ! have been looking around for the few remaining skis left over from last season and wondering what to go for...

as i can only really afford 1 pair i need something that is going to be a solid all round ski - though doing a season, i would imagine i'll be spending a lot of time in the park, so i guess twin tips are a must.

i have been looking at the K2 Extremes from last season for £300 which seem ok, though i've heard some fairly average reviews on them and so am not entirely convinced. Salomon seem to have some good skis - the teneighties for example... can anyone suggest the best option? i want something fairly lightweight, but not something that is going to suck on the piste.

also, i'm living in london, so if anyone can suggest the best shops to hit, i'd appreciate it. especially if somebody could knows a decent shop to get boots fitted - want to make sure i get someone who knows what they're talking about.

any advice appreciated.

cheers all.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Extremes are suppose to be the same ski as the Public Enemies for which I have seen some good reviews, but found to be a bit stiff when I demoed them last year. Many have said they are a better all around ski than a park ski. Dynastar Trouble Maker is suppose to be better in the park and decent all around. The Big Trouble might be a better option if you plan to explore more off piste while still giving you a TT for the park.

What type of skier are you? Weight, etc. would also help if you are looking for specific recommendations.

Where are you spending the season? Might want to get the boots fitted there in case you need further adjstments...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hgmorton, welcome to snowheads. Very Happy

I don't ski the parks - but the Punshers are designed for them - and being descended from Missions (which I ski on) they should be good all round the mountain. Check out some reviews via Google, and see what you think.

Pro Feet in London have had some good comments, though I think they charge a fee for fitting.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
want to make sure i get someone who knows what they're talking about

You definitely don't want to look on the internet foro that Shocked Shocked

I have some 175 Armada ARVs for sale if you are interested which I used for the very purpose that you are describing!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Regarding boot fitting www.solutions4feet.com is your man. On snowheads AKA CEM. He is highly regarded as a boot fitter and rightly so. He is based in Bicester not far from London (some parts of it anyway).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
arv wrote:
Quote:

You definitely don't want to look on the internet foro that Shocked Shocked

I have some 175 Armada ARVs for sale if you are interested which I used for the very purpose that you are describing!

Was gonna say buy his ARVs, perfect choice if they are the right length for you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hi again guys, thanks for all the advice. i've decided to go with the Head JO Pros because i think they will feel the most natural for me - i can always pickup a second hand pair for powder days once i'm out there! plus who can argue with that graphic?!

i'm wondering where i can pick up a pair though. it seems most websites i've found are out of last season's stock. anyone know of some decent shops in the uk or websites to grab a pair of 08/09 Head JO Pros??

any suggestions/finds very much appreciated.

worth pointing out i'm looking for the 178cms - as i'm 6 foot 2 inches. the 169s seemed a little short - am i right on this?

cheers all.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

plus who can argue with that graphic

Don't forget to keep the eyes looking where your going
Toofy Grin

Length depends more on your weight but twin tips ski short so prob right to look for the 178.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hgmorton, I have last years J.O's for sale (169cm) if you have no luck finding 178cms or change your mind on length..

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=49621
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hgmorton, why not wait till you get there? Will you be working? (if so you may be given a pair) - You'll almost certainly have better range than in the UK - How much skiing have you done - as if you are expecting to improve greatly, anything you buy now has a reasonable likelihood of becoming less suitable - and how much skiing do you expect to do?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy