Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen 2010 few places left!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi People

I have booked 14 spaces in the Hotel/Chalet Stoanerhof, Mayrhofen for 1 week next year 17th Jan, unfortunately i have had 5 people drop out.
I have secured a discounted rate for the week, £550 this includes 4 star half board accom, flights & lift pass for the entire Zillertall ski area Including Hintertux glacier, normal price, room only is £669 so its a bit of a bargain, we stayed here last year & it is excellent value & the food was superb,free drinks through out dinner, the hotel is situated 150M from the Ahorn cable car & a 5 min walk to the Penken gondola, transfer time from the aiport is 45 minutes.
If you havn't been to Mayrhofen before i can assure you wont regret it.
I know some people may say this is not cheap or they can book something a lot cheaper, but this is 4 star & the only other cost will be a bit of lunch & beer money.

Anyone interested in going must pay a £120 non returnable deposit ASAP, for more info please send a PM & i will then give my email address & lots more info, anyone no matter gender or ability welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It certainly sounds a very good price Smile

If I could commit now to going then, I would be up for it.

But things are too uncertain at the moment to commit more than a few weeks ahead Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it looks interesting, too. I don't know either Mayerhofen or the Zillertall area - so I have some homework to do.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles, It is a huge ski area, although a little fragmented.

There are over 100Km of runs in each of four areas (Mayrhofen, Zillertal Arena, Ski-Optimal and Zillertal 3000), but those areas are only linked to each other by bus/train (all included on the lift pass, and reasonably frequent service).

This is a good place to start http://www.zillertal.at/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alex_heney, thanks - there are also some good posts here. Still looks interesting. Now consulting by email about the off-piste. Hope your uncertainties resolve themselves favourably.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm. The SCGB rates the off-piste.

Quote:
Off-piste terrain is excellent and barely touched.

Much as I like a good drink in the evening, though, I am somewhat put off by

Quote:
Huge amounts of drunken après-ski action.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles wrote:
Hmm. The SCGB rates the off-piste.

Quote:
Off-piste terrain is excellent and barely touched.

Much as I like a good drink in the evening, though, I am somewhat put off by

Quote:
Huge amounts of drunken après-ski action.

sounds absolutely perfect to me nick Toofy Grin

have been to hintertux a few years ago in august, did 3 days boarding on the glacier, 1 day downhill mountainbiking, 1 day canyoning, glacier was excellent and always fancied trying it inseason, price looks good too wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
51st state, actually, I have had a very favourable PM. My email correspondent hasn't been there in good off-piste conditions - but they obviously do exist - so if you are lucky enough to get powder, the place isn't instantly trashed.

As you probably guessed - I am looking at getting an off-piste party together - and as you probably guessed, I was going to drop you a line (I can talk to the Dark Side). Up 4 it?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
achilles, I'm not at a level to be actually doing off-piste yet, but looking around from the chairlifts, I think you may well find some pretty good stuff off the "back" side of the Zillertal Arena. There was loads to the left of Run 10, or up above run 11, with only a few tracks.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alex_heney, thanks. The more I read, the more I like. I shall fire off some emails toninght to possible party members. Party of 5 could just about split the cost of a guide reasonable well for, say, 3 days - leaving 3 days free skiing to explore areas we had discussed with the guide. And maybe the SCGB rep. Little Angel
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles wrote:
51st state, actually, I have had a very favourable PM. My email correspondent hasn't been there in good off-piste conditions - but they obviously do exist - so if you are lucky enough to get powder, the place isn't instantly trashed.

As you probably guessed - I am looking at getting an off-piste party together - and as you probably guessed, I was going to drop you a line (I can talk to the Dark Side). Up 4 it?

it all looks and sounds great achilles , probably a bit early realy to start looking , although again the price and location are right, after my 1st snowheads bash some will deffinately put me on the dark side wink Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles, I had a blast in mayrhofen for my first week skiing after I left school, The off piste was fantastic, even though I went at the back end of march and it was roasting hot. It doesnt get shredded up too quickly and with the choice of the rest of the Zillertal valley you really are spoilt for choice!!
I may be interested in a week in Mayrhofen... I'm getting temped... Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zillertal is my place of choice for a "bunk off work early on a Friday evening and ski all weekend", mainly cos it's one of the places with massive carparks and skistore right next to lifts, just a few minutes from the Inntal Autobahn. Zillertal Arena and the Hochfügen areas are best for that. They also have less people on the slopes (well less Brits and Dutch) than Mayrhofen. No idea about the off-piste stuff, since I don't do that.

Can't commit now to a week, but would certainly drop by for a weekend sliding and a few biers.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's been a while since the last post but are there any spaces left?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi, where are you flying from, Manchester is better for me. I am keen to fit a trip in early 2010, e:mail me the details at guesty@manx.net
snow report
Hi, it sounds a very good deal.

Where is the flight from.
snow report
Same question as Andy452, are there any places left? Also, are there any older, i.e. mature skiers in the group?
latest report
send a pm to abeeyare,
it is flying from gatwick
ski holidays
does anyone know if this trip has any places left and what the flight times are from Gatwick ?
i did send a pm earlier this week, but haven't had a reply yet !
snow conditions
abeeyare,Hi, have just booked a single room at the Strass from the 16th Jan, intermidiate skier a bit rusty but looking forward to getting back on the snow. Cheers, guesty@manx.net
snow conditions
abeeyare,

Any places left? Andy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy