Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canadian Rockies Acadmey course

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just wondering if anyone here is doing the canadian rockies acadmey course in jan 2010 in jasper (marmot basin) or has already done it. i have just booked my place in the course for 2010.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
max.makinson, I haven't done it myself, though I did work a week in January with someone who has done it. He thought it was brilliant and spoke very highly of the instruction/coaching provided. Good luck.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
max.makinson,

First off, haven't done the course nor am likely to do so. However was in Jasper for a couple of weeks mid March (for the third time) and the subject of the "Academy" actually came up quite a few times. The following opinions are of those of people who live, and work, in Jasper, people attending the course, people going out to visit course participants, not mine, and in no particular order. Some did raise a wry smile though.

The course is mainly populated by Toby and Gemima types who are living it large at mummy and daddys expense OR mid-life-crisis types trying to re-live their youth.

For close on eight grand there are cheaper/better ways to get to Level II. A "European" qualification generally carries more weight.

The instruction last year had to cater about 60, this year it's 180. Some thought to the detriment of the instruction.

The Academy brings welcome trade to Jasper, and is generally a good thing.

You can actually do BOTH the Boarding AND skiing courses, if you work your socks off, but staying the distance can be a struggle.

The camaraderie is generally good amongst students. The odd romance has been known to blossom.

You can be a total beginner to enrol. No-one is expected to fail.

Sorry most of this is second hand, but no-one else has chimed in, so better than nothing.

Personally, I think Jasper would be a good place to attend any such academy, the town is great if a little laid back, and very reasonable (cost wise) for the twelve weeks or so you'll spend there. Some decent bars/eateries, and as your staying at the Amethyst Lodge, reasonably central. You'll probably spend most of your time in the De'd Dog, and North Face has the best pizza. The Atha B and Petes are about as lively as it gets.

Enjoy it, as no doubt you will. Lucky bu99er.

John.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy