Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What size Marker Dukes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My current ski boot sole length is 305mm, so assuming I can find some Dukes somewhere for sale, what size should I go for?

I seem to be able to get into either small or large.

Duke Bindings Binding Size
Boot Sole Length

Small 265-320mm
305-370mm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, Which one do you think you should go for?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would be tempted to suggest small being in the middle of the range and not at the bottom (assuming you aren't intending to switch up to boots with a much longer BSL any time soon). Seems daft to be at the very end of the range.. probably save you a little but of weight too wink

Edit: Didn't see that^^ sorry SZK Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm guessing small SMALLZOOKEEPER, but I will be changing boots in the next 1 or 2 seasons, which would mean the sole length would change I'd guess.......

What I don't know is how much a sole length can change when changing boots.

Regards,

Greg
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, Dude, you are not going to go up 2 sizes are you?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
kitenski, Dude, you are not going to go up 2 sizes are you?

not unless I goto a dodgy boot fitter Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then we have a winner.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks SMALLZOOKEEPER,

It may seem weird to you, but for us blokes not living in the mountains and living with boots every day, it's not easy to say wether something like sole length changes with manufacturer or not!

So regardless of make, is sole length pretty standard, or can it change by a few percentage points if you switch manufacturer?

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, To my knowledge there is no 27-27.5 boot out there with a sole length longer than 318mm, which means that you would be going up 2 size of boot befre there was a problem. That said, if you moved over to a Freerando Boot (which sounds like it could be a possibility, then you would be in a boot sole length of around 300mm, as FR boots are short in solelength. This would mean a Large Duke would be too big.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I noticed my change to a freerando boot (albeit on an alpine last) resulted in a drop of 1mm of BSL.

Where are you getting the Dukes from? backcountry.com? Want to add another pair to your order Greg as I've not been able to track a pair in the UK?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob, if you can wait until next season it might be worth asking Spyderjon if he will be doing his order again (if he does I will probably go down that route) and it should work out cheaper than bc.com if last years prices are anything to go by...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have sweet white ones................................... Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
kitenski, To my knowledge there is no 27-27.5 boot out there with a sole length longer than 318mm, which means that you would be going up 2 size of boot befre there was a problem. That said, if you moved over to a Freerando Boot (which sounds like it could be a possibility, then you would be in a boot sole length of around 300mm, as FR boots are short in solelength. This would mean a Large Duke would be too big.

Now why didn't you just say that the first time Wink

Much appreciated Smile

Regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The sweet white ones look a little Michael Jackson & the more sober ones are $279 on backcountry right now vs at least £280 in UK next winter I suspect rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy