Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Interseason and summer 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Well - thanks to another bunch of you. I'm now getting slightly embarassed. However, you see, it is an effort to do it, and when I don't hear from anyone I tend to assume the effort isn't appreciated (why I often post on the NZ thread - encouragement and thanks for the effort). When I'm being slagged on other threads I get very discouraged. Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, Yes please keep those reports coming. They are much appreciated.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, In a way I suppose our lack of encouragement and thanks could be seen as a backhanded compliment. You seem such a part of everyday life on snowHeads I tend to think of your posts in the same way as everyone else's. Your posts are also so frequent and so well done that many of us were probably not aware of the effort involved and therefore not reciprocating with appropriate responses/thanks! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I still drop by Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, I like reading your reports on my favourite and soon to be new home (21 days and counting) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Iski, Thanks - remember, that if I'm working and I take a photo, that frequently happens in someone's lesson. Shocked Of course I do fairly often get so 'into' what I'm doing that I forget completely and have to take a hasty one on the way home (all those pix of l'Y/Diable Embarassed )

cad99uk, lampbus, Cheers

jezzy, Hmm - I'll just have left - 3rd September I reckon - See you in the season I hope. Perhaps you can start next winter's thread while I'm away and keep us all up with the progress of the snow/freeze whatever. I have 3 months work at Bath, so won't be back until opening. Crying or Very sad Anyway, after only working the three weeks of summer camps + about 20 hours in the whole summer I need the money. Skullie Would much rather stay here. Very Happy

It was boiling hot again today and clouded over later, but managed not to pour with rain like yesterday. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, Just another supporter, letting you know that your posts and pics are very much appreciated. If I have any complaints, it would be about the lack of pics of Ioda, so here's one that I took of him.....

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
youspurs1, aawwwww. Thanks for that - it's so typical of him. Very Happy

I've been really busy the last few days and am now under the gun to get through my DIY list before going back to the UK. Sad However I took a pic of the weekly footie tournament on Thursday, and then the beautiful early morning yesterday. Very Happy It's been even hotter, and I must go up to collect my skis from the glacier store. rolling eyes No desire to ski though I have to say. Confused Today it was 32degs in light shade at just before 18.00 here. Shocked Dread to think what it's like in Grenoble. Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Today is much cooler, and we had a thunderstorm int he night. There's a fair bit of cloud about, and the town is getting much quieter as the summer season winds down. I'm going to a tourist office meeting this afternoon which will give us the figures for the last year. That's always interesting, but the local shopkeepers complaints are not!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Dread to think what it's like in Grenoble.

Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Red Dave, I don't know how anyone can stand it in summer! I'm always shattered after just a little shopping!

Rain and thunderstorms right now, not cool enough to snow on the glacier though, but you never know if it rains in the night - fingers crossed. If it snows up there I'll take my boots when I go to collect the skis. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's been nice and warm today, but not scorchingly hot. Tomorrow I actually have some work (big surprise), so I'll take a photo while I'm up there. It will be the the last time I go up and we're closing on Saturday.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, Hope it's a good day for you snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I was up today, and it looked pretty ghastly to be honest. Actually it skied better than it looked and although I had a very novicy skier with me she did manage to ski all the way down to the restaurant at the end of the morning. The last bit was just about the best of all. Shocked There were a massive number of crevasses opening up, although mostly not dangerous, however where to turn was governed by them to a very large degree which was difficult for a novice.

I can't say I'm sorry not to be going up tomorrow - the DIY is actually a more attractive prospect! Shocked Laughing What is pretty impressive though, is that they've managed to keep the Puy Salié South skiable to the bottom for the whole of this season - that's most unusual. Oh well - roll on winter. Very Happy

Pix of when we first arrived and when we finished skiing. I meant to take a photo higher up, but was too busy with my student.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks, easiski, snowHead I bet your student was glad she was in safe hands!
latest report
easiski, thanks for the reports, I always read them. Maybe one day I will be your novice skier making it down the glacier in one piece !! Shocked Very Happy but keep it quiet from the other snowHead boarders though ! wink
snow conditions
Iski, She was fine, although with the normal probs of a not quite one week skier. A bit nervous, but a good student. Very Happy You could have knocked me down with a feather when I got the phone call last night! The tourist office rocks!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

rayscoops, I'l believe that when I see it. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Hi - long time no post, life getting in the way! Thanks again for a fantastic season of reporting and fab photos! The star of the photos is of course Ioda though Laughing - he should be LDA's official mascot!

Can't wait for the winter season to start............. snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
It's been noticeably cooler at night lately, and today was a bit cloudy, but otherwise it's been lovely and sunny all week - still T shirt and shorts weather. Very Happy I am soooooooo not looking forward to rainy England (yes - I watch the weather forecasts). Sad Sad Sad I'm also a bit concerned that it might be rough on Friday night. Poor Ioda will have to stay int he van while I can't, and 2 hours if it's rough is likely to leave him pretty traumatised. Sad Sad
snow report
easiski, he might be OK, as it will be dark down there too. He will probably just go to sleep.
We're looking forward to winter now, and hopefully getting in a lot nore days of skiing than last year.
snowHead
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Well - next winter has to be better for you doesn't it? Have you managed to get plenty of day's leave? Bit cloudy again today, and only 5 degs this morning. I actually had to close the door to the porch last night. Shocked Forecast looking a bit better for Fri night. Very Happy
snow report
I've moved in Very Happy
I thought it was noticeably cooler today. A definite autumn chill in the air! Blue skies and sunshine with a tiny bit of cloud later on.
easiski, from what I hear you probably know the view from my new flat very well, a fifth floor appartment...
snow report
jezzy, In Cote Brun 3 or in REsidence le Soleil???? Lucky you, anyway. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'm now back in Bath, and Mr Ioda is still a bit upset by the journey but is gradually getting the hang of this new house. Very Happy He really hates his box, and in the end I just tied him up inthe back and he hid under the bed! Shocked I start my new job at the Uni tomorrow morning, so I'd better sort myself out now to be ready.
snow report
easiski, Good luck with the new job. I'm all booked up and will be in Les Deux Alps 10th Jan so will see you then Very Happy
snow report
easiski, Hope you enjoy the new job Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, glad you both survived the journey - did he yowl a lot of the way? Hope the Uni's not too chaotic - I've been working with resit students - I am bewildered as to what some of them spent the year doing, given their lack of knowledge about their studies and wondering how one or two passed A levels.
snow report
Iski, Thanks

Butterfly, More distance learning MSc students this time they're construction (last time sport & exercise medicine). So far so good. Ioda has been out and about on his lead, but tomorrow everning I'll let him off it inthe back garden.

I have to report that the weather in Bath is very disappointing, although mostly dry today, but not a flake of snow in sight. Shocked Shocked
latest report
easiski, You could always try the old trick of buttering Ioda's paws before letting him out - Apparently it works, something to do with cats associating where they wash as safe territory... or at least you'll be able to find him again by following buttery cat prints (probably all the way back to L2A)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways, He's been off the lead this evening but we still came back in together. He also went through the cat flap both ways, so we're getting there. It'll be great not to have to get up an extra 30mins early just to go outside with him - it's not the same as walking the dog!!! Laughing Laughing

jezzy, It's up to you now to keep us updated with the weather and snow conditions. wink
ski holidays
easiski, Neither of those, Le Waala.

Some rain yesterday evening but sunny again today. Temperatures are slowly cooling but no snow visible from resort level yet. A few people around and work being done to the lethal yellow paements! Hopefully their replacement won't be as slippery.
snow report
jezzy, that's where I spent 2 weeks last March!
latest report
Quote:

work being done to the lethal yellow paements! Hopefully their replacement won't be as slippery.

We think whoever put them in had shares in a crutch company or something.
ski holidays
jezzy, Does this mean that you'll be working for Olivier this winter then? (your sig). He's been looking for a Brit ISTD for ages ....

Ioda has now caught 2 mice and is well established here, although still having some disagreements with the native cats. Laughing
latest report
easiski, Ioda will just have the neighbourhood under control and find you're taking him back to that cold white stuff Laughing . I found THREE bodies in the conservatory a couple of days ago rolling eyes .
snow report
Butterfly, Mouse count is now 3! Here's a pic (not of dead mice).
snow report
easiski, awww. Very Happy
snow report
Lord of the Manor!
snow report
We play multi-storey cat parks in front of the gas fire!
latest report
Butterfly, I like the multi storey cat park!!
easiski, I am indeed working for Anne and Olivier but not instructing! I'm in the office (certainly no where near instructor standard!!!)
Weather has been great for the last couple of days, really warm. I went walking with Lizzard yesterday up near St. Christophe. Beautiful views through the Veneon Valley. A well deserved beer in the Cafe de Paris in Bourg afterwards!
Today is sunny and warm again, blue skies predicted for the next few days.
ski holidays
The skies are looking interesting...

easiski, give me a call if you need to get across the channel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy