Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Was anyone (vivski? Jon.L? maybe) at yesterday's Club National at ChillFatore?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We didn't do this one as junior doesn't get to train on indoor snow so we're sticking to the plastic races only for this year at least. But looking at the results on britski they look a bit odd. The females nearly all did the 2nd run faster - as you'd expect if there was 1 less gate - by an average of 0.82 seconds. Minis about the same. But the males apparently almost all did the 2nd run slower - by an average of 0.82 seconds! Did the snow/the course really suddenly deteriorate that much, or are the results slightly off kilter?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Telford Club National had two courses!! Most indoor races do. For the 2nd run Males and minis and females swopped over courses. Hope that answers the question.
Shame you missed it Okanagan. The Telford Club put on a fantastic well run race.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There where two courses set side by side, course A and course B. On the first run the females raced on A and the males raced on B. For the second run they changed around, females on B males on A. That why the times look a bit funny but the overall times for the males will be faster.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To follow on from andyroose, the B course was more open so it was in slightly better condition for the minis and females second run.

The whole field was reversed for the second run too which brought the male results closer together.

It was a good race, Telford did a really good job.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all - that makes more sense now.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Milton Keynes Xscape did pretty well.... 1st in Mini girls, 1st CH1 girls and 1st in JN1 boys Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just to add to what others have said, fantastic race put on by telford Very Happy Whole weekend went very smoothly actually, and I was impressed how well the courses held up - previous races I have done at CFe they have been pretty horribly rutted by the time us stragglers get to go down but the conditions were really good all weekend Very Happy didn't help me much, still can't get the hang of racing on this snow stuff rolling eyes tho I am excusing my second run time yesterday on getting my pole stuck at the start and spending the first half of the course trying to grab hold of the handle again Laughing muppet.......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy