Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Europe 1st-->4th of May?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where is the smart money, will probably be flying in to Geneva although open to BA accessible options. Top of the mind is Engelberg but looks like it could be a pain in the ar*e to get to, not entirely sure how to go about it... any ideas? Trying to do one on the cheap at the start of my exam leave Laughing

Thinking about flying in on the Friday and back on the Monday but open to longer stays/different options. Can't leave earlier than the 1st.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm flying in Friday Night , back Tuesday night - thinking CHX realistically as I can't be assed drivin very far with a prospectively dodgy leg.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
arv, No idea what the conditions are like but Engelberg is easy to get to by train. I would fly to Zurich rather than Geneva though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How many people?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Joanne Mountainsun, 2 for now, if you may have something to offer shoot me a PM, cheers.

rjs, flights to Zurich are looking expensive for the return, fairly easy to access Engelberg from Geneva despite distance?

Any other ideas folks?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
arv, You would need to change in Luzern to the LSE line that takes you up to Engelberg or get a bus if you arrive late, look it up on the website.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arv, Hello ARV - did you ever shift those dodgy pants your mum gave you?

hey ho, so you are asking us where is the best place to go for some nice summer hiking right? The ski resorts, obviously, are all closed in summer as snow tends to melt as it gets hot, which is inconveinient but perhaps Nature's way of telling us to take up hiking.

Personally, if GVA is your only option I would recommend a little undiscovered french resort call cham-o-knee. Almost untouched by the locals it is the secret preserve of Brits and Japanese and ranks alongside Zermatt as the top 2 ski resorts with a McDonalds - high praise indeed as we all know that Sir Ronald is very discerning and only sites his Quick Service Restaurants in the very, very, best places Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27, I just used them for teaching this year Laughing

Just a few days before I have to do all my exams (all 2 of them) and whilst the forecast for snow is looking promising. The (little known) resort of Chamonix is on the list!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
arv, don't think GVA works very well for Engelberg, IMV... Basle would be better and a 2.15 train journey or so. That is likely to be Ej tho...
You have to change at Lucerne to get the smaller gauge railway upto Engelberg which ever way you go.

And if I recall... getting to Bern isn't much help...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Coming from Scotland adds a whole new degree of complication to this rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
arv,
Edinburgh- Munich with EJ or German Wings and one of the Austrain glaciers?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy