Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar She's Trouble

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Are they any good, anyone tried them? Looking out for new skis for my daughter (13). She skis anything well now and after a park lesson wants some twin tips. I don't want anything too wide (these are 78 mm) though at this stage although we hired some with a 92mm waist for her park lesson and she got on alright with them. Would want something around 155 cm as she's only about 5' 2" and 6 stone. She would want them for mainly piste but some park and off-piste too.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very rare if no snowHead ,s have an opinion on these, or similar, skis!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
161 cm... Armada ARW?

Edit: this years model as well for an extra 50 euros, she will probably decide the top sheet is prettier wink

They have quite a few girls skis at (what I think are) decent prices.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
arv, Thanks I've looked at Sports Conrad also. I think 161 is just that bit too big and once you add bindings to their prices they get quite expensive.

The reason I'm looking at the She's Trouble is - Twintips Park/Freeride but not too soft should be good for piste too, do in 155 cm, reasonable width at 78 mm, construction seems Ok with wood core, price is good too. You're right she's not mad keen on the colour scheme but could live with it.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 18-05-12 18:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B,

A pair off Scott sheelas might suit her down to the ground. I was gonna suggest a punnisher If you could get one short enough then stumbled across these. The punisher graphics are much more for a 13 year old son than daughter Very Happy The Sheela is the girls punisher. Its a go any where all mountain twin tip. Its a bit wider than the shes trouble but a bit narrower than what you rented for her.

Snow + Rock have em in 162. The scott skis do ski a lot shorter than their length on piste and the twin tips even more so. I ski scott Neos myself (semi twin) love to bits and have to use a longer ski than with other models. For example I can ski a Salomon Tornado as short as 162 and am also happy on a 170 but cant ski a Neo of 168 yet the 176 is perfet for me (and better than either Tornado IMO) . I dont think she will struggle with these.

http://www.snowandrock.com/Activity/Ski/Equipment/Skis/Scott/SHEELA+(SKI+ONLY)+SCO0055.htm

The price is well good too. It is ski only. Im sure they could supply bindings or you could see Spyderjon for these http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RPF, Yes she's seen them and likes the look of them. as they are Punisher/Mission related I would have no qualms but I still think 162 cm, which is 5 cm above her head, is too long, she's also very light.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin B, I know you sorta asked about the Dynastars originally but remember the twin tips will ski a whole lot shorter.

I had Trouble Makers 2 years ago and no complaints but they were just a park ski for me, good in the bumps and could rail a turn but apart from that I didn't fall in love. OTOH I have ARVs and I use them most skiing days.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess I'm trying to justify my current thinking at the moment. I think the Armada, Scotts are very good skis but feel that at minimum 161/1612 cm they are too long She is only 13, 157 cm tall and under 40 kg. Am I wrong in this thinking? I know she could ski them but don't want to impede her progress.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, what was the length she used when you were away? If it was a bit shorter I would probably run with that instead of letting us complicate your issue Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
arv, Her current skiis, non twin-tip which need replacing are 144. The twin tips we hired at Easter were 155 APO Marielle. I'd happily get her 160+ skis if I wqs convinced they were right but at the moment I feel they would be too long.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B, A girl of 13 isn't going to need or want much wider that your original thinking IMV...which was 78mm..??? if she skis them down at 155 for her weight. You don't want to impede her progress with a bigger board ..unless she has specific need to go wider....

Most people settle for wide skis for the benefits they bring...and accept the trade-offs which will be on-piste, IMV.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Its hard to justify putting a very light skier on something taller than themselves Puzzled
To give you an idea how much shorter the twintips ski I took the info below from another thread. results surprised me too.
She is very light but aged 13 i suspect she may not be 157cm and 40kg for very long and may well be grown into these skis by next season and like wise could grow out of something shorter in the sametime. She'll have superb flotation on powder Toofy Grin . The punishers are not a very stiff ski (assuming the sheela is similar) so this would also be good for a lighter skier.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1084695&highlight=crusade+mission#1084695

Posted by II on above thread

Quote:

Running lenghts on skis I've just measured:

Rossi Zenith 176 -not twin tipped at all-157cm
Head monster 186 (slight twin tip similar to missions)-162cm
Scott punisher 191 (full twin tip)-158cm

It suprized me how much shorter the twin tip is.

She is unlikely to be able to demo skis this late in the season Sad .
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I did some calculations based on the above info.
The running length of the punisher is 83% of total length.
Assuming the sheela is V.similar to the punisher and as the skis get shorter we can scale all measurements: a 161 sheela will have a running length of 133cm

You could measure the running lengths of her current skis and compare them: place them base to base, measure where they contact at the tip to where they contact at the tails (probably right at the end if they are not twintip). Anything between the contact points is the running surface.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy