Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More Chamonix Help Please (re Boots)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, so my question this time is:

I have a pair of Nordica Beast boots that I've done 100-120 days in. The boot liners are compacted and need replacing, I have a pair of brand new Speedmachine liners to use as replacement. The new liners are 'thermofit', the conformable footbeds I've been using still seem fine (used maybe 150 days) and will move over to the new liners. My question is (as both boots and new liners now live in Chamonix) does anyone know of somewhere in Chamonix where I can get the liners heated so I can get fitted into them BUT without paying a fortune? Alternatively does anyone know of a DIY way to heat the liners safely, or even if the liners will be fine with no heat fit?

I did pop in to Footworks, but the answer was €60, and I don't want to spend this until I get new boots and go for the full fitting service. These new liners are just to keep me going for one more season, The Beasts have been great boots (in a nice snug fit).

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 24-04-09 13:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PS I am back out to Chamonix tomorrow Smile and would be looking to do something with the boots this next week to have them ready for next season.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
midgetbiker, €60 sounds a reasonable amount to pay to get a liner to fit into a shell that it wasn't designed for.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rjs, €60 does sounds reasonable to get a boot/liner fitted. But all I want is for someone to use their blower to heat up my liners so I can stand in them for ten minutes. I have molded beds already, the shell of the boot fits me fine & the Speedmachine liner slots into the Beast shell easily and was recommended as a replacement by Nordica.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
not sure exactly what those liners are like but this might help:

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102575&highlight=intuition

(nb - it's american so termperatures will be in farenheit Wink )
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try Cooking with Big Tim: http://www.telemarktips.com/DrTelemark.html
or TelemarkPyrenees: http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/article_info.php?articles_id=3
or Wildsnow: http://www.wildsnow.com/72/bootfitting-for-backcountry-skiing/
Some more comments: http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=38332
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
midgetbiker, Just come by the store and do it yourself, we wouldn't charge any one 60€ for something they don't need us for. Pop by the store, stick your liners on our machine and off you go, that said we take no responsibilty for the results afterwards. You bring us a couple of Heinekens and job done.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
midgetbiker, its got to be worth 60 euro to get your liners properly shaped to your feet and boots, if you do it yourself remember to stick some foam on the bony bits.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
make sure you video the smoking chalet if you DIY in your oven Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, thank you, I shall take you up on that. See you next week with boots and beer. I don't generally have any foot issues so save for a little packing between my toes, for some extra wriggle room, it should all be straight forward (cue no doubt a few smirks and raised eyebrows at your end). snowHead

PS whats your 'real world' name, so I know who to speak to?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
midgetbiker, Alfe Noakes.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
midgetbiker, do you smell......................sheep?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy