Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NYE 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm planning a NYE trip this year but I need some advice on where to go. I don't have to much to spend on this so budget is fairly important. We are all average boarders and have been off piste and can tackle reds and we would probably start on easier blacks. We're still learning bumps and jumps so we have narrowed our options to Les 2 alpes or Sauze D'Oulx. I would like to go to Avoriaz but I will save that for Mar 2010. We are looking for a good atmosphere for NYE but its mainly about the snow. We are in our 30s if that helps.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gainz, L2A would be ok for intermediate boarders, but if you are looking at a minimal spend maybe look at Austria somewhere too. An all-in package would seem yoir best bet perhaps

check out the 'trip reports' thread and at the top of that section is a list of reviews of resorts

and welcome to snowheads snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ive been to interlaken at xmas/new year
not bad costs
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Action Outdoors for a good value Xmas / New year all inclusive deal - a great way to get to the big resorts at peak times but bargain prices. I went with them to Val D for New year 08/09, got a really good deal and met up with some really nice people. They'll have their winter 09/10 stuff online soon.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamonix town is exellent on NYE, sounds like it would suit your standard of riding too! Would not say it's the cheapest place though, if you do choose Chamonix make sure your in the town square at midnight!!!

Good luck!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanx all for your help. I had heard Chamonix is great on NYE but I think L2A is the best challenge boardwise. I have plenty of time so I'll be looking at some deals and the reports at great detail Very Happy I had heard Flaine is also pretty good with some great deals. I am definitely looking at Avoriaz for March which I hope will suit us...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flaine is a great ski area with a very good early snow record but limited nightlife - I would keep that one for later in the season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
limited nightlife ? more like virtually non existent and we went on a peak week !!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had a word with Action Outdoors and they sound promising. May even try Val D if the price is right. Thanx for the tips...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gainz, Val D = expensive (except Les Face bar)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gainz wrote:
Hi all

I'm planning a NYE trip this year ... we have narrowed our options to Les 2 alpes or Sauze D'Oulx. We are looking for a good atmosphere

Laughing

You are Ricky Hatton and I claim my £5
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I did Chamonix for NYE this year. It was good, the snow was excellent, but it was eye wateringly expensive. For two of us, it worked out at the thick end of £3,000, £1,800 of which was our 2 star HB hotel. Nice as it was, the same rooms and service would have cost just over £600 the following week so say £800 including beers.

NYE at Tignes has a massive club night with top DJs flown in. I'd give that a go, if I could find reasonable accommodation, but am wary of doing NYE anywhere again, especially if I could have 2 weeks in Canada for the same money.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy