Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Tignes late season tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all!
I'm off to Tignes for a 3 dayer next week. I've not been there this late in the season before. Any top tips?
Which areas get the sun early/late etc?
Thanks a lot!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Eat lunch at the Bazoom snack bar in Val Claret. Cheeseburger, chips and a coke for 10€! Alternatively, Tignes Cuisine in Le Lac. Tasty noodles for 5€.

Otherwise, the glacier area will have by far the best snow, everywhere else is really struggling. That said, there is the possibility of a big dump to low level next week...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
larry duff, or try the Aspen - next to Bazoom. Veggie burger v v good. North facing slopes best. Enjoy the spring snow snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am off on Sunday for a 3 day trip with Mountainsun and looking at the forecasts I don't think that a lack of snow is going to be a problem.
First time for me as well so any help is welcome.
Cheers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve.S,
See you there on Tuesday then!
Thanks everyone else!
ski,Thanks for that. Not sure which are N/S/E/W slopes as my piste map doesn't seem to say. That was kind of why I'm asking.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd recommend getting up early, having a late, short lunch, and then finishing about 3pm. Try only come back to resort once a day, stay high for the rest of the time, and plan on having burning thighs when you do come down to resort. Hopefully it'll be sunny and lovely, and it is looking like it may snow next week which would help. I'm out next Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so fingers crossed for snow all middle next week and sun next weekend!

Have a fab trip Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
liz09, Thanks,may see you there Friday!
Incidently I am on a board. Any further (constructive!) comments on board-specific points?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
larry duff
Look forward to seeing you, I will be the guy on 123 cms skis wondering what the heck to do in half a metre of snow (I think it may be a bit easier on your board though).
Steve.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bars:- Loop ('til Sunday) & Alapka in le Lac, Brasero ('til 2nd May) & TCs in Lavachet.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got back from Tignes last week when we had a fantastic dump of snow at the end of the week. Snow up on the Glacier is awesome. Take a packed lunch and head up there from 11.30 ish - be careful of the sun - try factor 30+ minimum.

If there is fresh snow, get out early enjoy the whole area - from my experience last year, the slopes will be in tip top shape and darn near empty - if you are thinking of hitting the wolrd cup runs in Val D - do them early for maximum enjoyment (unless slushy icy mogul are your new best friends).

Final tip..... Don't miss the 5pm last chair back from La Folie Douce and have a great time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am out next week with mountainsun too. Going out Tuesday. Never been this late in the season but forecasts look good. Didn't think I would ski again this winter so is all a bonus. Excited.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am currently writing this from Chalet Melezes with Mountain Sun and having a great time. The runs back into resort are crap, but the glacier is still excellent. Had a couple fo cm's of snow this afternoon, but just melted lower down on the wet stuff.

If you haven't been with Mountain Sun before you will enjoy - Everyone is very friendly, food excellent so far, transfer spot on etc. The accommodation is realtively basic but very clean and comfortable and excellent for a weekend away.

Anywya better go now - just trying to decide whether or not to get the bus up to Le Lac for a few beers!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
reded78, I was there last week; nice bunch, no?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very good bunch - Seem like they positively care whether or not you to have a good holiday, and will do what they can to help.

As I left yesterday it had been snowing for much of the day, and was blowing a bloody gale up top, and a few of the lifts were starting to close. Not sure what anyone arriving this week will get weather wise but the upper slopes are still excellent, especially the bowl over above Val D.

Wish I could get back over for the Boot Camp but think that may be pushing it a little.

Enjoy all!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks everyone!
Sounds like we may still be OK for snow. see you all there at breakfast on Wednesday!
snow report
Hi everyone. Looks like Mountainsun are going to be busy ! See you all either late Friday or for breakfast Saturday snowHead
snow report
And it's still snowing!!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy