Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

shared transfer companies - recommendations / list

Poster: A snowHead
I wondered if it might be useful to compile a list of shared transfer companies?

Personally, finding cheap/reliable transfers always seem to be the tricky bit of organising a DIY trip, so I thought I'd make the suggestion.

My recent experiences have been to/from Morzine and Avoriaz:

www.skiidygonzales.com
&
www.ski-lifts.com

Both were pretty good value - around 70 Euros for a return trip from Geneva (if memory serves me correctly).

Anyone have suggestions for other resorts/regions?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also reccomend ski-lifts
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ATS
CoolBus
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Geneva Airport transfers are very good for Private transfers plus we've used ski-lifts a lot all winter and would recommend them too..............
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Areas around Flachau from Salzburg - http://www.huberreisen.at/e-online-flughafentransfer.html €41 return includes skis. generally a shared collection but a special return.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abj, chamexpress were 25€ one way last summer. In Austria Arlbergexpress are excellent at 75€ return to Lech/Zurs & St Anton

www.sbb.ch are all you need in switzerland Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quite fancy a trip to Kaprun / Zell am Zee next year - are there any companies that offer cheap/shared transfers in that part of the world?

Also, getting to Tignes (another on my list) seems tricky.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abj, www.oebb.at wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just come back from Chamonix, and used ChamExpress. They seemed pretty competent (rep at airport, bus left early, €25 one way), though we had a very long trek from arrivals to where the van was parked (not sure if all the transfer companies do that..)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
red 27 wrote:
abj, chamexpress were 25€ one way last summer. In Austria Arlbergexpress are excellent at 75€ return to Lech/Zurs & St Anton

www.sbb.ch are all you need in switzerland Very Happy

Not just Switzerland, tor that matter.

In fact, the train will get you to St Anton just as fast, and as cheap too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wouldn't recommend ATS - given my experience of them.

www.3vt.co.uk will do shared transfers but basically only if you 'get lucky' in that someone else is interested in your destination and is on your flight and they also express an interest in sharing. Otherwise they're very good.

We've also used transfer-intelligence for a private transfer and were happy with their service, they also offer shuttle and shared transfers.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ChrisWo, Yes all the transfer companies are made to park above the railway station on Sat/Sun
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'll add a couple ..
Transfer from Salzburg http://www.reisen-habersatter.at/transfer-en.php
Used them to Obertauern a couple of times and they were very good.
Last week used four seasons travel (http://www.tirol-taxi.at/airporttransfer/english/our_service_general.html) for transfer Munich airport to Mayrhofen
Again very good. Booked them through Christopherous Reisen (email:rb.mayrhofen@christophorus.at) for a family of 4 and they provided baby and booster seats - cost only a bit more than train transfer would have.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How do these companies work? Do they run to a timetable like a public bus service? Or are they more like a taxi in that you book directly and may get clobbered for the whole charge if there's not a bus load of people on your flight going to the same resort? What happens if your flight is delayed or cancelled?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
queen bodecia, You tell them when you are arriving and departing and they work out a price - shared is always the least amount but as you appreciate you may have to wait for others. I don't think that they make you wait too long - probably tell the next load of people that they are the ones to wait. If there are a few of you then organising it as a private transfer is then worthwhile. They really do vary quite a bit in price and you have to watch out for the 'before 7 a.m or after 10 p.m.' bits which as ever are in the small print. Alp-Line.com operate in quite a big way in Les Gets and people we know, and who rent our chalet have used them in the past - last winter they seemed to be quite expensive but who knows. They also 'left' some of our guests about 3 years ago at the bottom of the hill having had a dreadful drive back from Geneva airport to Les Gets and they ran out of sets of chains - very long-suffering, Dunkirk-spirited guests though got themselves and their luggage up the hill very late at night. Our DIL got taken to completely the wrong place a few years ago on her way back from Geneva, the Australian driver did not have a clue where he was, and our DIL is American so they were a right pair between them!!

There are usually some bits in the small print as well about delays and cancelled flights.
latest report
Thanks Pamski. I looked into DIY for this season and it all fell down when it came to finding a transfer, so I was interested how people manage it...
snow conditions
Quote:
I looked into DIY for this season and it all fell down when it came to finding a transfer

That must be why I always ended up in Switzerland!
snow report
queen bodecia, the two I've used, chamexpress and arlbergexpress (just hogwartsexpress to go) both ran to timetables which makes it easier to coordinate with flights. If your plane is delayed they just bump you onto a later bus
ski holidays
With the shared transfers we need to tell them our requirements at least 48 hours in advance and they then organise the timetable to suit them.

We have also agreed that our clients will wait no longer than 1 hour after arrival at Geneva too!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy