Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tan Leather Gloves

Poster: A snowHead
You know the ones, guides and instructors wear them. I prefer all leather gloves but have to resort to duct tape after only a few weeks whereas this type seem indestructible. Where can you buy them? Of course I should probably have started a new topic "how to carry skis" but couldn't handle the humiliation that would follow! Embarassed
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PsychoBabble, I bought mine at the Local Garden centre Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PsychoBabble, Bravo, les hommes en blues....Samse !! Or if in the UK - any builders merchants or garden centre.....just rub in a little bit of clear dubbin to soften em up and waterproof em a bit
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PsychoBabble, French DIY shops near the alps.

My current pair came from the Weldom in Megeve, but Entrepot de Bricolage in Albertville have them too
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PsychoBabble, if you want a little more upmarket Quechua/Decathlon do fine ones (about €25) or the general store just outside Jackson Hole, Wyoming do really nice deerskin ones (for about $12).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone. Next question "cool or uncool?" Or does asking the question mean I'm uncool for not knowing the answer? Damn this skiing lark is complicated!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PsychoBabble wrote:
Next question "cool or uncool?"

Cold I'd guess. Short gloves with not much insulation. Recipe for cold hands in winter. OK for spring skiing maybe.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PsychoBabble, Cool? Very warm, on the coldest day in December they were very warm, At Easter they were possibly a bit too hot! Very Happy I guess it depends if you want to look like a tourist or a 'local' Toofy Grin
rob@rar these arent any old gardening DIY gloves theses are insulated gloves designed to keep hands warm in winter, as issued by CdA to their staff as part of their uniform Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, My ones have Thinsulate insulation and a fleece lining, they are as warm as any ski glove, warmer if you need to touch anything metal since the leather is much thicker.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PsychoBabble wrote:
Next question "cool or uncool?" Or does asking the question mean I'm uncool for not knowing the answer?
No, but you're uncool for caring.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing, rjs, OK, so not regular gardening gloves then.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
theese for £7

http://www.strauss-direct.co.uk/show/activeSITE.asp?p=%3Cfolder%20id%3D%22D4BC8C48-E197-4B09-8BC7-3B4716FDCC84%22%20%2F%3E%3Cslot%20name%3D%22content%22%3E%3Cco%20id%3D%222601671F-B60A-4B23-80D3-616CBCC9C096%22%20%2F%3E%3C%2Fslot%3E%3Cat%3E%3Cmillieu%3E48F69B66-BDE4-4D22-A960-42777761F373%3C%2Fmillieu%3E%3Cpage%3E1%3C%2Fpage%3E%3C%2Fat%3E%3CRubrikID%3E1721F451-CE98-4D6B-954C-4FA33EA801D7%3C%2FRubrikID%3E%3CRubrikName%3ELeather%3C%2FRubrikName%3E&sid=af321b44a45354a5e7da952a380b64e0d708d4fe4731916

or

budget ones for £4

http://www.strauss-direct.co.uk/show/activeSITE.asp?p=%3Cfolder%20id%3D%22D4BC8C48-E197-4B09-8BC7-3B4716FDCC84%22%20%2F%3E%3Cslot%20name%3D%22content%22%3E%3Cco%20id%3D%222601671F-B60A-4B23-80D3-616CBCC9C096%22%20%2F%3E%3C%2Fslot%3E%3Cat%3E%3Cmillieu%3EDA331D00-97BC-450B-95B0-D9940A5832F5%3C%2Fmillieu%3E%3Cpage%3E1%3C%2Fpage%3E%3C%2Fat%3E%3CRubrikID%3E1721F451-CE98-4D6B-954C-4FA33EA801D7%3C%2FRubrikID%3E%3CRubrikName%3ELeather%3C%2FRubrikName%3E&sid=af321b44a45354a5e7da952a380b64e0d708d4fe4731916
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
daehwons, watch for the £4.95 delivery on Strauss orders under £90 (and of course the dreaded VAT).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
PsychoBabble, if you want a little more upmarket Quechua/Decathlon do fine ones (about €25).

Bought these this year, cost me €20 from the Quencha shop in Sallanche/Passey and after about 35 days use now they have been lovely and warm and are nicely broken in (reckon they will be good for aprox 100 days total but I'll have to let you know at the end of next season) Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
richmond, who said I cared? Just curious! Anyway the correct answer was"cool when worn by a mountain guide, seriously uncool when worn by a middle aged punter (me)". Laughing
snow report
PsychoBabble, sorry; I should have said, 'One is uncool for caring.'. I suppose I just resent the fact that there is no point in me even asking if any item of clothing or anything else of mine might conceivably be cool.
snow report
richmond, which probably means you are "uber cool"! There is in fact a thread on "coolness" which is why I mentioned it in 1st place. snowHead
snow conditions
PsychoBabble wrote:
richmond, which probably means you are "uber cool"!
Possible. No, probable! In fact, definite!!
snow conditions
I've a pair of these http://www.usoutdoorstore.com/outlet/marmot-exum-work-gloves.html like what you're looking for. Definitely not a glove you will be cold in.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy