Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone out there in austria land have any idea what this thurs to season close on sunday will be like.. tempted to sneak out there one last time if there is any chance of some decent piste action and its not all slush n rain...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
as we are talking about obertauern, does any one know what the skiing is like there?

I am considering it for a trip there dec/jan next year, followed by another trip to val/tignes in march. The reason i ask is that the wife likes to have a nice cruise and check out the scenery and basicly have a relaxing time with not having to concentrate or put to much effort in all day long. I dont mind the odd cruise in the day with the wife but tend to like to go off for a few hours to hammer some blacks or even a bit of off piste for a few hours as well, before joining back up with the wife. Does Obertauern fit the bill???

cheers for any advice from folk that have been there

DJ
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
depthjunkie, there are a few trip reports from Obertauern in the Trip Report thread in the 'Resorts ...' section. I doubt that it has enough for you, although your wife might enjoy it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
depthjunkie, perfect for her... as for you.. hahah well like your enjoyment counts!!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
depthjunkie, will be fine for you especially as its your first time there
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replys, she loves places like tremblant as even on her own for a few hours she is happy skiing as the runs and mountain size are in her comfort zone. Places like val/tignes she feels a bit exposed and out of her comfort zone on her own due to the size of the area. Hence why I asked the question as our def/jan trip will be just the 2 of us. So I need somewhere she will be happy on her own for a few hours when I do my own thing, as I said I don't mind cruising with the wife but need to get a few decent runs in a day to get the blood pumping. And in march hopefully we will be going with freinds so for the few hours me and m8 go hit the steeper stuff she will have some one to ski with (I.e his wife)

P.S to the op, sorry 4 hijacking your post

Dj

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 21-04-09 15:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
depthjunkie, perfect for her... as for you.. hahah well like your enjoyment counts!!!

Ain't that the truth LOL
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
depthjunkie, Obertauern would be ideal for your wife, as if one keeps skiing downhill, one ends up back in the town, none of the 'wrong turn at the top of the lift and you're in a different country with a £200 cab fare in prospect' stuff.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy