Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

resort a couple hours from Munich Airport for New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at flights for New Year from Belfast the cheapest and really only affordable one is to Munich Airport. Soooo any suggestion for new year for skiers who like lots of reds, a few blacks and a wee bit off piste? Suppose would have to be high so maybe Obertauren?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Welt? Head for Kufstein and hang a left. Scheffau has a HUGE car park at the gondola station to cater for the HUGE numbers of often HUGE Bavarians in ENORMOUS motor cars who make the trip at every oppurtunity. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zillertal - Kaltenbach's a couple of hours by transfer bus and has lots of nice wide reds (simple to do it on train if you wish)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
St.Anton is about 2h30 from Munich ( but not from the airport ). Serfauss/Fiss/Ladis about the same. Add about 45 mins from the airport depending on time of day.
Kitzbühel is about 2h30 from the airport. Other than that there's decent skiing in the Zugspitzarena near Garmisch. Plus a whole bunch of other places, like Achenkirch etc etc.
The only problem with Munich is that you're strapped for choice Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Presuming there isn't a real bad start to the winter (and most areas are well-covered for artificial snow anyhow), any of the areas around Munich should be fine - most have been mentioned already. I've never had trouble skiing at New Year (though I suppose that it depends a bit on how fussy you are about the snow).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
okay thanks. Haven't skied in Austria since I was a beginner and that was in Schladming. So grateful for any advice.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ruthie, Kitzbuhel would be very jolly at NY, I imagine. By car, it's less than 2.5 hours from MUC, unless you get in serously bad traffic.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Look anywhere in Ski Amade, it's all really easy to get to fron Munich by car or train.

www.skiamade.com

Cheers
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You're probably finding yourself spoiled for choice by now, that's the way it is Smile To help a bit, perhaps, Kitzbühel (with Jochberg and Kirchberg), the SkiWelt (Söll, Scheffau, Ellmau, Brixen, Westendorf) and Zillertal are probably the closest to Munich (Garmisch too, though the skiing area isn't so extensive there, though you do have the advantage of the Zugspitze if there were to be a lack of snow - unlikely in my opinion). Ski Amadé and Zell am See/Kaprun/Saalbach-Hinterglemm are a little further away but still within striking distance. Any of them would be good for skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy