Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots replace?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have some Salomaon Performa & boots that are about 6 years, 7 ski weeks old and I have just returned from St Anton where the snow was oftern crudy and also mogally. I noticed that my left ski was often being rattled and knocked around and my boots did not seem to be tight enough to enable me to prevent it. I usually have the boots on the tightest buckle setting particularly on the two leg buckles but I can still get my hand part way down the shin. Does this mean that the paddling has been crushed too much so that they no longer fit and can I refit them by warming up the foam liner (sensifit) or is it that this snow has found a hole in my technique or do I need new boots?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe they were never a terribly good fit if you have only used them for 7 weeks and they are already so loose? Go to see CEM in Bicester and get some nice new ones - mine are a whole size smaller than my old ones, and fit really well. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with pam_w - go and see CEM.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
robyouth,

Second the other comments CEM is to be highly reccomended. Sounds like the boots are too big the most common problem when buying boots ive done it twice Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed . Liners feel snug at first then pack out, feet rattle around the boot and you loose all sense of control you had previously very noticable in the conditions you descibe above.
Do a shell check (this will be the first thing CEM will do when you go and see him) he will do this with every boot you try.
Remove liner put bare foot in shell with toe just touching front how much space have you between heel and shell???? >15mm you may have problem > 20mm your boots are too big. If the shell check is ok you may be ably to get work done with these shells if not any work will be a compromise.
I found that fastening the powerstrap around the liner rather than the shell helped snug it round my shin and made my boots a bit more responsive.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy