Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chile for 2 months - Intinery Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi ,

I'm planning to hit Chile around the 1st week of July for 2 months. As a single traveller I don't want to get bored, keen to meet up with others and wanted to know if anyone could help me build an interesting itinery , where to stay , resorts, e.t.c. I'm trying to build a mini round the world itinery and really want to include chile in this but don't want the cost to scale out of control so a low to mid level buget would be ideal.

Flight from UK is c£900 and I am an Intermediate Level ( Mid) snowboarder

cheers

DV
Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fly into Santiago.

Then chase the snow.

Bus and train travel in Chile is cheap, efficient, convenient and safe.

North of Santiago

Valle Nevado and neighbouring resorts. Portillo is more of a skier's mountain IMHO.

South of Santiago

Termas de Chillan
Antillanca
Pucon

Be prepared to sit and wait or move at a moment's notice to get the best out of your visit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I go along with Mike Pow, itinery

Enjoy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easy stay in hostels/ ski club pensions and there will be lots of ski bums to hang out with. You could hit the Valle Nevado/Farrellones area day you step of fthe plane then maybe Terma de Chillan and Pucon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for your help. A loose itinery sounds the way to go. Any idea on budget/ spend for 2 months. Say hostels, basic rooms e.t.c ? Not including ski passes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All costs approx. and in US$

B&B $30
Lunch $5-10
Dinner $10-20
Wine $5
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So given the itinery of say a month in North and month in South, do the figures below seem like a reasonable budget for 2 months?

USD$1,350 Mix of 30 Days hostel / 30 days B&B .
USD$1,500 Lunch, Dinner, Wine ( I am partial to say wine with lunch and dinner )
USD$1000 Ski Passes North www.vallenevado.com www.elcolorado.cl www.laparva.cl Assume 20 days boarding per month
USD$800 Ski Passes South www.termaschillan.cl www.skipucon.cl www.skiantillanca.cl Assume 20 days boarding per month
USD$350 Bus, Train Travel ( to/ from resort on daily basis / move onto another resort)

Total = USD$5000
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I may also be looking at going to New Zealand for a month prior to going to Chile. Would any of you guys have a suggested itinery / idea of budget for New Zealand? Very Happy DV
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can get away spending less than $5,000 in my opinion. But I haven't been down there for 3 winters.

NZ

Into Christchurch.

Hit Arthur's Pass area for low key club skiing on great terrain and cheap prices.
Craigieburn, Broken River, Temple Basin, Porter Heights

Then Mt Olyumpus and Mt Hutt

My fav's further down the S Island
Ohau and Dobson

Wanaka and Queenstown did nothing for me
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy