Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Liberty Hazmat? any info please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to find a bit of info about these to replace my Fischer Kehua's (twins) which i love but I can't find anymore.

Have done a search on here, but there is not much apart from the few that have them like them.

this is a review of the kehuas which is very accurate (for a change)

SKI PRESS MAGAZINE
Best Buy: Freeride HP Fat

Maybe size does matter. The Kehua is so fat that it barely squeezes into this category with its 127-92-115 profile. But it turns out that bigger is, for the most part, better. The Kehua is a rare hybrid – an ice slicer, a soft-snow standout and even a mogul masher, all rolled into one. Ski it with power, ski it with finesse. Just don’t try to ski short turns, and it will be your obedient servant. The only stumbling block: the one-length, 177cm Powder-happy fat skis rarely cover so many bases so well, but this big mama is the exception. As tester summed it up: “Great all-mountain ripper.”

i have them mounted on the big mountain mark as the tip is quite soft, but tail pretty stiff Embarassed,

Compared to the missons I also have, they have much more edge grip, much more solid, lots of spring, but are not keen on going slowly, short turns just take a bit of effort (missions are better at going slowly, but thats all, to be honest the missions seem dead compared to the kehuas)

Would the hazmats be a good replacement? does the bamboo sidewall make any difference and how robust are they
Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 15-09-10 21:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if you do a search, there's been mention of the hazmats recently - i think Scarpa had a go on them?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have done a search, Scarpa likes them, but there is just this:

loved the Liberty Hazmat skis... 94mm underfoot, twin tip. More of an all mountain do anything kind of ski though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I;'m suer I saw some mention of bamboo sidewalls elsewhere - yep, a search for bamboo brings this (amongst menay others)

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1213041&highlight=bamboo#1213041
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carroz, I demo'd them at the EOSB the other year so I'd be guessing if I tried to evaluate them from memory. Perhaps someone else wrote up a proper review of them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy