Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sort of Trip Report Le Grand Bornand

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was really looking forward to do my first Snowheads trip report but unfortunately I fell on the first morning and twisted my knee as my ski released and that was that for my trip Sad

For that reason I'm posting here rather than the Resorts forum.

A potted report:

Resort: Le Grand Bornand (I also went to La Clusaz but didn't ski)
Domain: Aravis
Author: dbaskls

Date: April 9th - 13th 2009
Our holiday: My only chance of skiing this season so a quick hop over to France. I went on my own. 12th season, but I'm only intermediate, happy on reds but not keen on blacks and no off-piste.
Website : http://www.laclusaz.com/ and http://www.legrandbornand.com/
Basics : An hour's drive from Geneva.
Lift system : Plenty of chairs with a few buttons and Tbars.
The terrain : I can't really comment on this as I didn't see enough of it.
The snow : It was the end of the season and very warm so the snow softened up very quickly. However, it was nicely groomed and I think with wise choices you could ski most of the day OK.
Off-piste : Can't comment
The resort : I stayed in St Jean de Sixt half way between the two resorts. All three places were fairly quiet, untouched typical alpine villages. Not party places.
Food : Due to my limitations I only ate at the restaurants close to the gondolas. Again they seemed fairly typical. Slightly expensive but that was partly due to the euro strength.
Accommodation : www.skiweekender.com Very friendly and enjoyable. Basic rooms but all that you need.
Costs: £420 for half board for 4 nights including ski pass and transfer from Geneva. Ski hire 40 euros. I spent 100 euros on lunches & beer (I'm not a big drinker) for the 4 days/nights.
Conclusion: Despite my accident I enjoyed the trip and would consider returning. Some of the guests in the hotel didn't think the area was extensive enough but for my standard I think it would have been.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dbaskls, oh dear, rotten luck! Sad Hope your knee isn't too badly damaged.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy