Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hucksters Lodge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used this company to go to Vallandry?
Looking for information about them as looking to take a group to their chalet next year and would like some info on the chalet, the comnpany, level of service etc.

Cheers

Robyn
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobynRocks, Stayed with them in the Mont Blanc a couple of years ago. At the time it was very low rent with mediocre food and the worst wine I've ever tasted Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Ended up nipping down the funi to BsM and buying a couple of Lidl 5ltr plonk buckets for the table (BIG IMPROVEMENT). But you can't beat its position on the hill . . literally ski in/out and the bar in the same building used to rock. It is a quiet resort if you're used to table dancing and there's an inordinate number of incontinent dogs in the village who's turds appear to be laced with anti-freeze Evil or Very Mad
Great little resort to be based in with easy and immediate links to the wider area and some proper tree and off piste riding. Though is the MBs not been revamped I'd rather stay at the new Ski Olympic chalet/hotel.

Alternatively contact/PM the Flying Squirrel (member here) and see what he can arrange for an appartment at the other end of the town

PS. AFAIK Lots of Scandies and Dutch own property there and stay at home to party.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers for the info, have a group of 20, begineers through to experts and need something to suit all,

They r offering v good deal for next year inc coach travel, lift pas for les arc area 4 6 days etc sounded v cheap, skied with ski olympic this year found them brill, but alot more money than this to go to the same place and obv lift pass etc not included,

Have just never heard of them before, so was interested to find out any information, opinionas etc ppl have on the company as a whole.

Cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobynRocks, When I went they had 2 grades of 'coach'. One was a continental tourer type with reclining seats and plenty of knee and luggage room . . the other was a knee crippling thrombosis inducing, sardine tin in wheels that had to have the bags fitted with 'boot' assistance and after a couple of hours smelt decidedly of 'bloke'.

Guess which one I was on Evil or Very Mad Get it on the record that you're travelling on the tourer when you book. And ask for current pics of the rooms.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobynRocks, have never stayed there so can't comment on the accommodation. However have stayed in Vallandry for the last few years and it is one of the livelier bars - not that that means much as is a quiet family resort.

Is in a brilliant ski in/out location - even better it is slightly up the hill so you can use Grizzly Lift, which has a lot shorter queue first thing than main Vallandry lift.

A lot depends on what your group want - if its a thriving night life, Vallandry isn't for you in my view.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RobynRocks, Welcome to snowHead

Icant say I know Hucksters, but I know The Mont Blanc in Vallandry. What age group are you taking?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have teenagers, 20 somethings, 30 somethings and 40 somethings, its a good mix really, from beginners who have only had one week to experts, just need something for all,
went to La Ros with ski olympic this year and everyone enjoyed this due to there being a bar at the bottom for the beginners to chill out at after lessons etc so looking for same kind of situation,

Had never heard of the company before and am kind of worried when i was told it is like a hostel?

Personally i dont care that much as long as its okay due to the fact that am out all day and its only somewhere to sleep, but for the beginners need to make sure its half decent!

The location does look fab, We aint looking to rave everynight or anything like that?

Cheers for all help in advance
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
any reviews of the Tignes ones?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Robyn Rocks,
I've stayed at the Mont Blanc in Vallandry for over 20 years - and it's the cheapest, best value ski holiday you'll ever get. Over the years, the accommodation has been improved and improved. No, it's not 4 or 5 star, but it's perfectly clean and adequate, (a bit like the YHA), the rooms are en-suite and it's bang slap on the edge of 3 converging pistes. The 'Grizzly' 6 man chair lift is 50 metres away, or you can put your skis on out the back and whizz down to the 74 lift, which is a 4 man. That takes about 30 seconds to get there. So - location is 2nd to none!
There has always been plenty of good grub, so you'll never go hungry and despite what has been said about the wine, it's not that bad, particularly if you stick with the red. For the money, you can't really expect a vintage cab/sauvignon, or merlot, but there's nothing to stop you nipping down to the Sherpa market and buying something better, if that's what you want.

The dining room and staff are also very flexible; you can stay long after your meal and 'chew the cud' with your mates; no one will chuck you out. And if you fancy drifting over to the attached bar, that's a pretty lively establishment, with lots going on.

It's the perfect place for groups and they have deals on lift passes as well as ski gear from their 'partners in ski kit'. I've probably taken around 300 people out there over a 20 year period and many of those have gone back with their own groups.

You get what you pay for, so if you want 4 or 5 star luxury, go somewhere else and pay the difference, which will be a lot! If you want to ski and have a great time, without emptying the bank balance, stay with Hucksters at the Mont Blanc; well worth it!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Talk about a thread coming back from the dead.

That said i'll add a review the staff are friendly and helpful, the location is amazing. BUT we've been away with hucksters twice, and both times we've been messed about. Be it booking of extra days lift passes, double booking of chalets, promises of things in the chalets that weren't there etc.

When we stayed with them in Vallandry the furniture was all old (but not worse than you'd expect for the price) food was good and there was plenty of it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just booked Hucksters in Vallandry for Feb half-term, for me and my daughter and am really looking forward to it, so I'm glad that it gets generally positive reviews on here! Went for the full Paradiski lift pass, so I can ski La Plagne before I take a 40 strong school party there at Easter. Wish me luck!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@daveyladboy, Did you have a good time?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy