Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Public Enemy / Extreme

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In resort at the mo and my 14yr old is very keen on these, which he is currently renting. We are going to enquire about either buying them as ex-rentals or possibly new. I can find very little by googling - really just need to find a realistic price if we bought new in UK so that we can negotiate Very Happy

You experts will know, it seems that Public Enemies changed to Extremes? Or vice versa? These ones are definitely PE's.

I can't even see them online, presume they are 08/09, mainly white with grey graphics that seem to feature a war zone with a target thingy.

Cheers

lou
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I saw these band new on ebay out of Bristol for 329 in January.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alexandra, thanks. rental shop have offered the ex-rentals (including service and any repairs) for €180 and new €399 incl binding.

I know now that they are 2007
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought a pair of the PE's you describe in November for £200 without bindings. Got Marker M11 bindings for £60 from the same shop so £260 for the whole set up.

The shop i got them from has sold out but you should be able to get them new for less than £399 with bindings so i wouldn't buy at that price. Haggle them down. It's an older ski which is heavier than the extreme and is soon to be two seasons old. That said. I f***ing love mine and do everything on them. Buy them longer than you think, they are soft at the tip and tail and will ski easily enough. I'm 180cm and ski a 179cm but i am a bit on the aggressive side apparently Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can get the Extremes here for 309 Euro's with bindings so why pay more for an older ski. There, i've just fed you the opening line for your haggle Laughing

http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?disp=kategorie&kat_id=40
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fastandicy, oooh how kind. Will see what they say in the morning Laughing

He's a nice guy and we have got to know them over last few years (as well as handing over lots of our money) so hopefully it will work out. If we go for the ex-rentals (which will need a little tarting up) I trust him to do a good job.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lou, You can get K2 PE's for £150 on ebay if you wanna haggle over import prices from the US.

If you go for the ex-rentals the topsheets will look very scratched but that's just the material they're made of. They've got a P-Tex topsheet so even after a weeks use they start to look seriously "worn in"

You can get new K2 PE's for £150 on ebay if you wanna haggle over import prices from the US.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fastandicy, yep also noticed that on a pair of K2 crossfires he tried last week.

There are also a couple of gouges on the edges to 'discuss'! He's about 177cm tall now and has been coping well with 174's so may even ask about 179's although they will no doubt think I'm off my head. He is growing fairly fast, but it's got to the stage that it will be worth it to buy for him for the amount of skiing he is doing. I don't really want to go down the ebay route/US

Thanks for your help snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fastandicy, well after much debating, ex-rentals are being serviced and tidied up as we speak, bought at a price of €134 with a few extras. They didn't have anything new in his size and I'm happier to be getting 2nd hand at his age.

That's my Christmas shopping started Very Happy must be time to go skiing again

cheers
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lou, Congratulations on your haggling.

If he has half as much fun on them as i do mine you'll be getting quite a bang for your buck.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy