Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from 3V's

Poster: A snowHead
We had an amazing high mileage week but beware if you are heading out. The slush is incredible. You really need to plan well and follow the sun through the day to avoid the worst of it, and the runs in at day's end are to be avoided if possible.

Also think I have a winner for worst purchase on a mountain this season - 1 x orange powerade for 7 euros!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi, 7 euros for a powerade! Shocked Could indeed be the winner. Yes, it's slushville all right. We are currently having a beer on our terrace at 1550m, and it's 20 degrees in the shade. Just had a text from daughter who is on the Kenya coast; sounds similar. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter Leuzzi, I paid 3.50 Euro at the top of the Retour in VT for a blue Powerade
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Leuzzi, wow! 7 euros, did you know the price before you ordered it?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HH, it was one of those moments when I needed a drink and I knew what I wanted. It was rolled into the bill I looked at afterwards for a lunch for 4 adults and 2 kids that came t0 120 euros! We ate lasagne or spag bol and a drink each AND it wasnt very nice. My 9 year old was forced to eat all of hers at that price
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, yes, that was the half bottle I left behind wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Leuzzi,
You paid €7 and you left half a bottle behind! You are decadence personified! Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter Leuzzi, Which restaurant was this in?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley, the one at the top of Saulire I think. I know, I know...

Kruisler, no didnt leave half. Did a F1 stylee, shook it up, stood on a table and sprayed it everywhere....not Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Peter Leuzzi, Went to the Spar in VT this afternoon - bought Powerade for 1.90€ Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, hope it was out of date Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter Leuzzi, Laughing
But that does show that the whole "it costs a load to get it up the mountain" argument is bull$h!t. If it costs 1.90 euros in the spar then they shouldn't need to sell it at x3 the cost in the restaurant.

Also, how do I do the euro sign on my pc? Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter Leuzzi, Hope not, i'm about to drink it! Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BMF_Skier, enjoy!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
HH wrote:

Also, how do I do the euro sign on my pc? Laughing

ALT-GR / 4 or possibly CTRL/ALT/4 if you've got an ancient keyboard.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 15-04-09 19:24; edited 2 times in total
snow report
If that is Pierres Plats at Saulire, I thought that this was the biggest rip off in the 3-Valleys, where I had one of those circa Euro 20 Spag Bol which was disgusting. I don't mind paying for quality (ref. Bel Air) but I do object to paying lots for rubbish. These guys deserve to fail, though I doubt they will.

How about Snowheads having a recommended and not recommended mountain restaurant thread?
snow report
€€€€€€€€€€€€ It works Very Happy

DavidYacht, thems be the ones. The lasagne was nothing to feel satisfied with.

We actually had lunch at Cap Horn over in 1850 open day which was also hideously expensive BUT it was tasty in nice surroundings with attentive staff.
snow conditions
Peter Leuzzi, would you go back? I sort of liked it, but at the same time felt a bit unsatisfied, and I doubt I will return - too commercial or something... maybe it's just that I don't dig French ski resorts.

Your views my old snowHead friend?
ski holidays
DavidYacht wrote:
If that is Pierres Plats at Saulire

Is that the place at the top of Saulire, or the one at the bottom of the Saulire cable car?
snow report
rob@rar, top.

Aaah red 27, wondering when you would show up! Good to hear from you.

I actually rated the 3V's. Lots of skiing that I couldnt get through completely in a week. For a weeks skiing I like that fact.

I'm with you on the French thing though. If I could I have the French terrain in Austria with Italian food/attitude I'd be a pig in... I do like Morzine/Les Gets BUT for a weekend only, a week would drive me mad. Once again the best overall experince for me this year has been in Italy, being Monterosa. Funnily enough, when I first learnt to ski in Courchevel 1650 an Italian instructor working for Ski Newgen gave me the tip about Monterosa as a place worth going. How truthful he was.
snow report
Peter Leuzzi wrote:
If I could I have the French terrain in Austria with Italian food/attitude I'd be a pig in...

Indeed... Have you been to Lech Peter? I loved it - you would too...
ski holidays
red 27, no. Just looked it up and the description of it being for comfort seekers on flattering pistes makes for some intrigue! Tell me more
snow report
Peter Leuzzi, there's a few others under the alphabetical list too...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=50926&highlight=
snow report
SKI FOOD in Val thorens is great value. The best steak baguette (or chicken or sausage (chicken or steak being the best) with chips (Its called the les americains) €6.20. Bottle of powerade €2. Not posh but a solid lunch.
In 3V at moment lots of slush low down still more than enough good skiing higher up not surprisingly Val T being the best area at the moment.
Keep the skis waxed and plenty of Zardoz Notwax, dont let the legs get away from each other and the slush is great fun.
ski holidays
Wags,
Very Happy Hooray!

my key board isn't that ancient though

Quote:

ALT-GR

what's that? Embarassed

Thanks.
ski holidays
Quote:

they shouldn't need to sell it at x3 the cost in the restaurant.

but all drinks are at least 3 times the cost in restaurants; look at mineral water or wine.

I just had £200 delivery from Tesco. My son, who has just finished working in an upmarket chalet in Couchevel 1850 (£100K a week for 10, accommodation only - rather more in high season wink ) has been marvelling at how much I got for my money, including some very good bottles of wine, good beers, free range chicken, heaps of lovely fresh fruit and veg. He says he's sick of foie gras so he's getting best British bangers and mash tonight. Twisted Evil
latest report
Can someone explain why anyone is drinking Powerade at all, let alone paying the best part of a tenner for the minging stuff?
latest report
Lizzard, to keep hydrated in sunny, sweaty weather without the need for the regular pee stops that water consumption brings. Personal choice. Is that okay with you?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Leuzzi, just as long as I don't have to have anything to do with the stuff. Maybe you should wonder why your body has such a hard time absorbing basic water. Laughing
snow conditions
water hydrates you. pwerade is water with other stuff added. the other stuff might help with electrlyte balances or a sugar rush, but it does nothing that water doesn;t in terms of hydration

*notes down "les americains" at SKI FOOD for lunch stops this week*, thanks RPF!
snow report
RPF wrote:
SKI FOOD in Val thorens is great value. The best steak baguette (or chicken or sausage (chicken or steak being the best) with chips (Its called the les americains) €6.20.

I had one of those last week - surprisingly yummy!
ski holidays
Lizzard, "Can someone explain why anyone is drinking Powerade at all, let alone paying the best part of a tenner for the minging stuff? "
That's easy, Marketing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy