Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Minimum Report Val Thorens - Friday 17th April

Poster: A snowHead
Val Thorens April 2009
Hi we are the minimums! We are giving a minimum update. We are going to tell you about our trip to VT.

The car journey... The car journey took a very VERY long time.

The hotel... Our bedroom is tiny. It has a bunk-bed inside it, a glass window, and a little sort of wardrobe. It has a dining room and a bedroom for Megamum and BMF_Skier.

The snow here... The snow that is here isn't very nice snow. It is more like slush then anything! It is not to nice to ski on.

The ski school here is very good (ProsNeige). one instructor fell over during the class!

Lunch stop at the Knife and Fork - we had waffles, rasberry and chocolate! They were very scrummy!

From the minimums

PS: We are realy looking foward to meeting you all on Saturday

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 17-04-09 20:06; edited 7 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
minimums

Quote:

The ski school here is very good (ProsNeige). one instructor fell over during the class!

ha ha..top post..

Perservere in that snow... if you can ski that stuff, it will stand you in good stead in the future...

Turn smoothly and no sharp or rushed actions..IMV... but I am sure that is what your instructor ...hopefully the one who didn't fall over....is saying... wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello Minimums!
I was in VT in your Mum's apartment last year. I'm sorry I won't get to meet you this year as I have to work instead of come skiing. Hope you have a wonderful holiday and manage to ski the slush! Oh and that instructor - did he fall, or was he pushed?? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello Minimums. Yes, it's a looooooooooooooooooong way in the car. Did you moan all the way, or just now and then? wink Have a great holiday. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello, it's the minimums again

Butterfly:... .we did have a lovely day skiing.

pam_w:.... It was a long and tiring journey Sad but we are glad we are here now.

Ski-ing:.... We have been at the top of Breche De Rosael, on the grand Fond cable car! And skied all the way down, Via Niverolles, Fond and Rhodos. Megamum is getting very very fast and skied down Col de l'audzin today. Smile

Ski school:... Today at ski school we went up the triple cable car/Bouquetin and skied down the black Goitschel. We went on a lot of the chair lifts today.

Lunch:... It was very sunny so we had lunch outside Deux Lacs. We had pizza and Tarte Tatin, Yum, Yum! Very Happy

Snow conditions:... The snow conditions were not very nice. The snow was like gooey porridge. Skullie It was better higher up though.

Weather:... The weather today was very very sunny and very hot. Sad Mad But very good for getting a tan. BMF_skier has a bright red nose and ears. Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PS:... snowHead's we hope there is some snow for you later this week.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi minimums, looking forward to meeting up with you again on Saturday Smile Sorry to hear that the snow's not too good, but don't worry because admin has ordered some fresh stuff for us all next week wink

Keep up with the reports; you put most of us to shame! Embarassed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Todays report...

Ski school:... Today at ski school minimum2 did beautiful parallel turns on the ski slopes.(Name change required to Parallel Pete! Cool ) The one who did the parallel turns went over big bumps. Minimum1 went down Cascades in ski school, down the blue run.

Lunch:... At lunch we went up Cime de Caron at 3200 m. We then had a small picnic and had a sandwich each and a dairy milk choclate bar. We could see every place in val thorens.

Ski-ing:.... After ski school and the picnic we went to the knife and fork to have a orangeade and normal orange in a can. We then went up Cascades twice, once down Dalles and once down 2Combes with Megamum. BMF_skier needed a rest. Shocked

Snow conditions:... The snow conditions were ok early, apart from Col de l'audzin was turned into mud and pebbles. The rest of the slopes were OK! Very Happy

Weather:... I am looking out of the window and all i can see is mountains, snow and the blue sky. As well as that there are the odd fluffy white cloud in the sky. Very Happy Very Happy

More updates tomorrow.

PS. Parallel Pete's instructor fell over today as well! Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 14-04-09 17:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Parrellel Pete's instructor fell over today as well!

Is he drunk?????
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, No she wasn't, but she had snowballs thrown at her! Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Minimums - sounds like you're having a great time Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Minimums, Great trip report snowHead Keep up the good work... all this news is making me really look forward to next week... Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Minimum SnowFlash - Cloudy at the top of the mountain, and a little snow in the air at 2pm Cool
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wooooo hooooooooo!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello, it's the minimums again.

IT'S S N O W I N G ! and its quite heavy!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yesterday , was another day of ski-school, lunch in the appartment, and afternoon ski-ing on slushy snow.

Light snow flurries late yesterday but quite heavy now. Cannot see the hill or the Knife and Fork.

Must go, we are getting ready to go out and ski! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
minimums wrote:

IT'S S N O W I N G ! and its quite heavy!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

w00t!
as I beleive these young people say
latest report
This is the final Minimum report from Val Thorens.

It was our final day of ski school. In the ski test we got a Silver medal and a Silver Vermillion medal. Very Happy

Megamum and BMF_Skier went over to Orelle. Megamums ankle is still sore. Sad

Weather:.... During the day there was no more snow and it was sunny with some cloud. It was warm in the sun. We have just packed the car and it was snowing outside. Our Snowheads hats were covered, we were REAL SNOWHEADS!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

We will be able to ski with the early snowHead arrivals on Saturday. We are looking forward to seeing everyone. We are driving home later on in the day.

This is the Minimums signing off from Val Thorens.
ski holidays
Well done Minimums, sounds like you had a great week. snowHead
snow report
Minimums, Thanks for the great reports during the week snowHead Hope you have a safe trip back, unfortunately I don't think I will see you as I get out there quite late tomorrow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy