Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CHILE=VALLE NEVADO?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi,i am heading to chile in september.i have researched resorts, gathered a lot of information and have more or less decided on VALLE NEVADO..are there any snowheads out there that have skied VN that liked it/hated it/would recommend somewhere else?i try and ski off track AMAP and dont mind hiking for my turns.i like a drink but can do without drink/nightclubs/culture etc at the resort as i am spending 3 nights in santiago before heading home and will get my fill then.with off piste skiing being the prime motivator, would you recommend VN or not.TYIA for your thoughts
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have been to Valle Nevado many times and it is an excellent base, modern and compact and cheap compared to Europe. My favourite however is La Parva which is linked. You can buy a lift pass to cover both resorts and for El Colorado you have to buy a separate day pass and one day is enough. La Parva has the most off piste - from the lowest lift there look up to the left and you will see La Chiminea - a steep couloir with a 20/30 min hike at altitude. The descent will get your adrenaline going! If you go there, try to talk to Jan who is the owner of the best restaurant La Marmita as he will give you all the locals tips on the best off piste. He speak very good English and is an excellent skier. There is also excellent off piste after a dump from the top lift at Valle Nevado towards El Colorado and from the top of Tres Puntas lift at VN. Try the local firewater, Pisco, remember never to tip a taxi driver in Santiago and enjoy the amazing sunsets seen through the pollution over Santiago.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't ski La Chiminea alone just in case.............
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skilegs,thanks for that.mucho appreciated..hmmmmm,la chiminea sounds goooooooood!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy