Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys - best places to ski through trees?

Poster: A snowHead
Love skiing through trees and I have never been to the three valleys before so don't know where the best spots will be for skiing through the trees. Im going so next week so obviously the low resorts with trees will be pointless to post for obvious reasons, so the higher spots are better. Im staying in Meribel so spots in the Meribel Valley are prefferable but its cool if they arnt.
Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blue into La Tania. Ski Lodge for a spot of lunch at a reasonable price. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mollerski, Good plan. Folyeres is one of the great tree-line blue hoons and it should stll be good all the way down to La Tania, despite the heat.

From Meribel. going up any of the chairs on the Tougnette side gives you access to some very nice tree-lined blues, but don't leave it too late. Meribel is famously slushy in the afternoons and you might prefer to be up Vallon by then.

snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
la tania is a bit low i think for mid april. Ive never skied at this time of year before or in the three valleys but from what i have read its too low. Do you have any other good spots that are a bit higher up?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Surely there aren't going to be many trees high up due to the treeline not being much higher than 2000m.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ollyollyolly, Surely you understand tree-line?

The Folyeres run down to La Tania is a vital link home for many people staying there and has a massive base of artificial snow. It will be OK. The runs above Meribel are in the sun and will be slushy earlier.

snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ok cool, i know meribel gets slushy in the afternoon, we booked too late to stay in VT. Your post wasnt on my screen when i posted my reply so i hadnt read what you had said. I wouldnt have wrote what i did otherwise.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ollyollyolly wrote:
la tania is a bit low i think for mid april. Ive never skied at this time of year before or in the three valleys but from what i have read its too low. Do you have any other good spots that are a bit higher up?

Why bother asking for help if you then trash the help you've been given?? Stay away from the north facing La Tania runs and the trees, it's rubbish in April, and you definitely won't see me skiing around there, no, it's far too low.....you want the trees over in Val Thorens, much higher there. Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

you want the trees over in Val Thorens

What! Both of them!

Go easy. The guy is new here!

There will be plenty of nice places to ski, and height is by no means the only factor.

snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What's the tree thing? Confused Surely it's best to stick to the areas where the snow is in good condition, especially when you have the whole of the 3v to choose from.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 9-04-09 18:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
as i said in my previous post, chris bish's post was just before mine, and as i strarted writing my reply just before he posted his, it wasnt on my screen, so i hadnt read it. And i wasnt trashing the help i was just saying i thought it might be a bit low. And as la tania is at aroun 1300m, you can get trees up to 700m higher up, which is quite a lot. I also said that i had never skied there before or skied in that time of year and that was i was saying was purely based on what i had read. And cheers for the sarcasm. I think maybe you are the one wants to trash what people are saying.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
btw that post was directed at kitenski
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ollyollyolly, It is so easy to fall out with people on a forum like this. I hope you have a great time in the 3V. I think, for piste skiing, it is the best. It will be warm and the snow will be going off, but there will still be plenty of good skiing. I don't know where you have skied previously, but unless it is somewhere ebry good indeed you will not be disappointed.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers Chris, I skied in Vermont - Killington for a week like 5 years ago and since then have regularly skied on a dry ski slope (not half as good as snow), i was only like 11 at the time aswell so i didnt have much freedom so im sure i will have an awsome time. Same to you too.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ollyollyolly, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

If you've been skiing on a dry slope you should find the nice hard pistes in the morning very easy to cope with but you might find slush a new and exciting experience.
ski holidays
Hoppo wrote:
ollyollyolly, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

If you've been skiing on a dry slope you should find the nice hard pistes in the morning very easy to cope with but you might find slush a new and exciting experience.

Yeah, and you wont burn your ar$e if you fall over which is a bonus. Confused
ski holidays
ollyollyolly, chill out, notice the winking smiley in my post, meaning it was tongue in cheek! although La Tania is low "the trees" above it stretch fairly high and are north facing - hence it's one of my favourite areas to ski.

check the map here:

http://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/maps/CourchevelValley.jpg
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
ollyollyolly, chill out, notice the winking smiley in my post, meaning it was tongue in cheek! although La Tania is low "the trees" above it stretch fairly high and are north facing - hence it's one of my favourite areas to ski.

check the map here:

http://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/maps/CourchevelValley.jpg

Kitenski, have you tried Tim's 'Tiga Bar' in La T?
latest report
Mollerski I *think* so, but 2 kids on all my trips has not meant not much bar crawling!!
ski holidays
i didnt notice the wink kitenski, sorry, but the whole thing about me trashing peoples advice didnt seem like a joke. Anyways it doesnt matter. And yeh it will be nice not to ski on dry slope, it does kane when u fall. I think i might of skied a bit on slush but im not sure, i went to the snowdome place in milton keynes with some mates on saturday and they said it was pretty slushy, it was a bit hard to get used too but it was okay after a while. Hopefully i can avoid the slush if i head up to VT later on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy